Après L'ondée (1906)

PerfumerJacques Guerlain
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton
Parent Company at launchGuerlain

About Après L'ondée

This floral-powdery scent was designed to recall the joys of a walk in the country, the sunshine after the rain, and walking barefoot through wet grass.

Après L'ondée fragrance notes

Reviews of Après L'ondée

Stardate 20170731:

Old school floral. Has been copied and is so ubiquitous that it smells cheap. A shame.

31st July, 2017
Apres L'ondee is a nice enough scent. There is a note combination I cannot identify that seems a bit odd, to my nose. Perhaps it is the cassia and orris root. What ever it is, It doesn't work, on my skin. After this dries down, it is pleasant and wearable. I had read so much praise about this one I had to at least try it. I am glad I had a sample given to me. This Guerlain offering, is just not for me.
14th July, 2017
I like iris (iris root, orris root), which is one of two main components I get from Apres L'Ondee. The other is a sharp, astringent smell, like a skin-drying soap. It works for me.

Instead of a post-rain smell, I get a post-cleaning smell, and a persistent image of perfectly clean ivory white dishes, still warm in the drying rack.
28th June, 2017 (last edited: 30th June, 2017)
I never have, and probably never will, have the privelage of experiencing the vintage extract - which leaves me in a completely open position to admire the beauty of the "eunuch" on offer today. Apres L'Ondee in it's current form can and should be viewed as the most beguiling of the Guerlain "Eau De Colognes" (Imperial, Coq, Cedrat). Like the aforementioned Eaux, there is simply NO longevity - after an hour any scent is barely perceptible - yet the brief time one does have with L'Ondee is spent in joyful sadness. It is a Cat Power record in a bottle - fragile, beautiful, fleeting.
19th February, 2017
It remains to be seen whether we go into the dark or the light in our final breaths. Either way, I should hope that in my final moments the attending nurse leans in close and whispers "Have a wonderful trip..." and as my eyes close, I'll drift into the unknown with a smile on my face, remembering her beautiful, kind eyes and how she smelled like violets after the rain.
08th October, 2016
Much has been said about Après L'Ondée and its aura of melancholy etc. I wanted to discover it, too, and have been trying it several times, but I'm afraid, all I get is a nice, sweet, gently and somewhat boring scent, and that's it. No rain, no fresh dew... Maybe it's an issue of skin chemistry. As for its kinship with L'Heure bleue, it has nothing of HB's personality, complexity and unmistakeable charm, so ALO has clearly to surrender.
11th May, 2016

Add your review of Après L'ondée

Shop for Après L'ondée products online

Shop for Après L'ondée at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Après L'ondée

Member images of Après L'ondée

There are no member images of Après L'ondée yet. Why not be the first?

Perfumes launched in the same year as Après L'ondée (1906)