L'Heure Bleue (1912)

PackagingRaymond Guerlain
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton
Parent Company at launchGuerlain

About L'Heure Bleue

L'Heure Bleue is a feminine perfume by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 1912 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Guerlain. The bottle was designed by Raymond Guerlain

Reviews of L'Heure Bleue

I've been wearing samples of L'Heure Bleue edp from various years, and really enjoying it. I get a strong association with nag champa incense sticks, which is the note giving the fragrance so much heft, power, and longevity. It's a note that starts out almost too strong in a way that makes it wonderfully transporting and memorable, and as it develops, it becomes softer, friendlier, and more irresistible.
17th March, 2018
How gorgeous! The bergamot in the opening made me think of Shalimar, but then it went similar to another Guerlain that I love, French Kiss. I get a lot of amber and then almond, which are not listed here. Tonka and vanilla are well present as well.
28th December, 2017
I read so many rave reviews for this one so when I tried it, I was shocked that it smelled like cheap bathroom air freshener or maybe even urinal cake to me. It's very old fashioned and quaint, but I do not want to smell like it.
19th October, 2017
Everything has already been said about this amazing classic, but I'll chime in to say that this is the only stereotypically 'feminine' perfume that I love. I am an outlier when it comes to scent and gravitate more toward the musky, resinous, and animalic end of things rather than the floral or the sweet. And I definitely do not do 'clean and fresh.' L'Heure Blue, however, makes me nearly swoon with pleasure. I think it is the medicinal and balsamic aspects of this Guerlain that bring me such joy. I have never tried any of the modern versions of this scent, but the vintage extrait contains a depth and almost leathery texture that I adore. This combined with the indolic nature of some of the florals gives me that sort of 'vintage skank' that I crave and continue to endlessly seek out. Between the medicinal top and the musky base notes, this is one 'womanly' scent that I will always have in my collection.
11th September, 2017 (last edited: 22nd September, 2017)
A beautiful powdery floral, I'm not sure about the sensuousness, I find it comforting and safe. That probably says more about me than the perfume.
It's beautiful and complex, I'm often unable to discern the separate components entirely. I work with people and appreciate it's 'closeness' rather than rampant sillage.
24th August, 2017
What a lovely scent. As a fan/owner of Jicky and other Guerlain offerings {masculine/feminine/shared}, L'heure Bleue EdP was on my wishlist. The powdery florals remind me of Caswell-Massey Jockey Club, reputed to be JFK's favored scent and one of my favorite fragrances.
L'heure didn't reveal its vanilla and iris on me until much later, but close to the skin it is quite delicious.
This was a blind buy and I would like to thank all of you BN reviewers of L'heure Bleue, as your input and opinions helped make this purchase an easy decision.
P.S. this is my first review on BN!
18th July, 2017 (last edited: 19th July, 2017)

Add your review of L'Heure Bleue

Shop for L'Heure Bleue products online

Search for on eBay United States

Vintage Guerlain L'Heure Bleue Extrait / Parfum - 1 Oz. - No Box

• USD $31.00 HIGHEST BID
  • Listing Type: Auction – 6 Bid(s)
  • Time Left: 6 days
  • Shipping from: United States

L’HEURE BLEUE GUERLAIN Women Perfume Eau De Parfum Spray 2.5 oz/ 75ml New No Cap

• USD $39.99

• USD $26.60
  • Time Left: 26 days

Used Guerlain Paris L'Heure Bleue Eau de Parfum Perfume Spray 2.5 Fl Oz 75ml

• USD $35.00 HIGHEST BID
  • Listing Type: Auction – 9 Bid(s)
  • Time Left: 1 day