Chant d'Arômes (1962)

PackagingRobert Granai
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton
Parent Company at launchGuerlain

About Chant d'Arômes

A floral-chypre scent created by 305 for a woman who wears perfume for her own pleasure first. Reissued in 2005 for the renovated flagship Guerlain store on the Champs-Elysees.

Chant d'Arômes fragrance notes

Reviews of Chant d'Arômes

The opening, with the Adelhydic citrus is just Peachy.
Very quickly that burns off to a Waxy Lactonic Soap.
Hey! Isn't that a Soap from childhood.
Nice,nostalgic White Floral of.........P&G "Pure" Ivory Soap.
Rather boring really, as it was the Standard Bar Soap at home.
It was always a treat to go one Granny's place for the Cashmere and the other with Pear's Castile.

Or "Cor!" Major score was Grandad's secret stash of Cusson's Imperial.
30th April, 2018
This has been called a hard fragrance to describe. Indeed I applied it and is smelled like beauty soap. I loved the scent, but couldn't describe it more than soap. I applied some more, and there is a floral and white musk that causes the soapiness. The only problem I have with it is it's longevity. Non-existant on my skin. Perhaps if I sprayed it on thickly, but it disappears within minutes. A shame b/c it does smell lovely.
14th September, 2017
This is a lovely smelling perfume that reminds me of elegant women from when I was a kid growing up in the '70s and '80s. Unsurprisingly, the listed notes include some greatest hits: honeysuckle, jasmine, sandalwood, oak moss, and vanilla. In 2017, I find it unisex.
29th June, 2017
Remember the episode of Seinfeld where Jerry dates the woman who only sometimes looks pretty ("She's a two-face!")? Something about Chant d'Arômes inspires a similar response. On one sniff, it's a just a very good white floral; and then on another, it's a tantilizing, honeyed, creamy, radiant dance of nectarine and peach blossom. You could write this off as inconsistency, or you could enjoy the ride. I'm going with the latter.

My bottle of EdT came from a stash I found at my parent's house. It was my mother's, still sealed in its gold and black box with a batch code dating it to 1998. The top notes may be a little bruised: they're definitely spicy rather than citrusy. However, that spicy start shifts to an intense, bitter carnation that settles down into a gorgeous but still delicate sunrise of slightly acidic peach tinged with just a little green bitterness. I know Luca Turin describes the mid-2000 formulation as a "tender floral," but this version gives off the tea-like tannins of a real chypre. Its sillage is best described as glowing--exactly right for the soft palette of colors suggested by its scent.

Every time I wear this fragrance, I mentally bow down to the perfumers at Guerlain. This is a perfectly crafted perfume for quiet moments, something made for personal enjoyment rather than grand entrances or planned seductions. I still haven't smelled the current formulation. I'm sure I'll like it: I don't spend much time crying over the spilled milk of reformulation. But this was my first real vintage treasure, and I'm glad it's such a gentle creature.
02nd February, 2016 (last edited: 06th October, 2017)
This is a really interesting perfume. I've tested this one at Sephora more than once, and every time I try it I feel a different way about it! At one point I thought I wasn't crazy about "Chant D'Aromes", but then another time I tried it again and thought, "this is actually kind of nice." Also, every time I try it from the tester bottle in the store I can never clearly remember what it smelled like later! So, I never wrote a review of this one. Now, I finally got around to actually getting a sample to try at home.
I definitely like this perfume! :) When you first spray this one on, it has a lot of aldehydes in the top notes which are quite soapy and sharp, and I wasn't sure how I felt about that! But, when this perfume dries down a bit, it has a lovely sweet and slightly woody-green and spicy scent. I would say the main note that predominates is probably the honeysuckle, which is just beautiful! I can also definitely smell the cloves in heart notes as well, making it overall a very sweet, warm and slightly spicy scent. I feel I should probably clarify that I'm testing a modern EDT version of this fragrance, not the vintage perfume. I love it though! Compared to the Annick Goutal floral perfume I tested yesterday (which I was extremely disappointed with), I think Chant D'Aromes is great! I would definitely wear this, and might even buy a bottle! I feel that it is quite unique among floral perfumes though, so I'm not sure about recommending it. Definitely try this one before you buy it! Personally, I love it though!
05th November, 2015
Genre: Floral

Chant d’Arômes is an assertively pretty peaches-and-cream floral on top, with a clean, green underpinning and a solid dose of aldehydes. Cream eventually overtakes the peaches, so that after a few minutes on the skin Chant d’Arômes is less a fruity floral than a very soft textured, pale, aldehydic bouquet with a dab of vanilla on top. Bright, chaste, and innocent are words that come to mind as I inhale it. In fact, Chant d’Arômes is what my young daughter would refer to as a “girly-girl” fragrance.

It doesn’t take too long for the creamy vanilla in Chant d’Arômes to rise to prominence, and within a hour I find that it dominates the composition. Whatever chypre element there might be buried at the core of Chant d’Arômes escapes my nose completely. For me what remains is rather dull, and lacking in the complexity and sophistication I expect out of a successful Guerlain composition. Not, in the end, the best that this house has to offer.
11th June, 2014

Add your review of Chant d'Arômes

Shop for Chant d'Arômes products online

Shop for Chant d'Arômes at online perfumeries

GUERLAIN CHANT D'AROMES EAU DE TOILETTE SPRAY 3.4 OZ ORIGINAL FORMULA

Chant D'Aromes by Guerlain Cologne VINTAGE *ALMOST FULL* READ/SEE PHOTOS

End Date: Friday Mar-22-2019 11:45:52 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $179.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

CHANT D'AROMES by Guerlain EDT Women Spray 3.4 oz. VINTAGE FORMULA* DISCONTINUED

End Date: Friday Mar-22-2019 15:01:56 PDT

CHANT D'AROMES by Guerlain 3.4 oz 100 ml EDT Spray for Women

End Date: Friday Mar-22-2019 21:30:02 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $48.95
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

GUERLAIN CHANT D’AROMES 7.5ML PARFUM WITH LEATHER CASE! RARE & VINTAGE!!

End Date: Saturday Mar-23-2019 10:20:08 PDT

Chant D'aromes By Guerlain Edt Spray 3.4 Oz

End Date: Monday Mar-25-2019 1:09:04 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $51.59

Member images of Chant d'Arômes

Perfumes launched in the same year as Chant d'Arômes (1962)

Features relating to Chant d'Arômes