Jardins de Bagatelle (1983)
    by Guerlain

Jardins de Bagatelle Fragrance Notes

Jardins de Bagatelle information

A bouquet of white flowers. The Jardins de Bagatelle are gardens situated on the Bois de Boulogne in Paris and contain over 700 different varieties of rose.

Shop for Jardins de Bagatelle products online

100ml EdP
    93ml EdT
    $109.90*
    50ml EdP
    (*converted from GBP 65.70)

Reviews of Jardins de Bagatelle

Showing 1 to 6 of 26 reviews.

JackTwist's avatar
    JackTwist

White floral melange floating over a fresh green meadow

This 1983 Guerlain creation has been called by many the perfect white floral and I have to agree. A blast of tuberose and gardenia, followed by a melange of other white florals, finally floating into a balance with a lovely green note, the effect of being both in a garden just after the sun has touched the blossoms and adjacent to a lawn with warm green notes ascending to mix with the florals.

Very feminine, but neither metallic nor sharp to my nose, as some detractors have claimed.

There are, according to Guerlain, 15 ingredients:

Bergamot, Lemon, Neroli

Provence Rose, Jasmine, Gardenia, Tuberose, Magnolia, Narcissus

Patchouli, Cedarwood, Vetiver, Tonka Bean, Benzoin, Musk

This is, to my nose, one of Guerlain's very finest feminine scents.

Pros: Perfect balance of white florals and green notes
    Cons: None

26 May, 2013

Darvant's avatar
    Darvant

A jouful, radiant, multifaceted and uncompromisingly feminine floral scent, mastered by an heady duo gardenia/tuberose rooted over an orangy/musky base with hints of citrus, a touch of rosey soapiness and white musk. Some bergamot, a touch of moss, light neutral cedarwood, soft hints of balsams and patchouli imprint classicism without making heavy the general variant floral softness. The base is basically a well amalgamated floral bouquet over a light vetiver background. I suppose some arcane animalic patterns and may be a well modulated aldehydes usage contribute to root down a stable classic unfolding vibe. A cult fragrance of the past, still loved by many fond of the genre. A great Guerlain.

28 October, 2012 (Last Edited: 22 December, 2013)

Cricketkitty's avatar
    Cricketkitty

I personally liked this big loud Tuberose and gardenia blend, but I always got negative feedback when I wore it. Coworkers finally elected a spokesman to tell me not to wear it and my boyfriend at that time told me it smelled like toilet paper. So I had to content myself to drops of it while I was alone, and the bottle lasted so long it went rancid and I had to throw it away.

03 September, 2012

sallyb21's avatar
    sallyb21

As a lover of classic florals I still like this one, a golden oldie. Not one I buy often but good to be reminded of of it not and again.

24 August, 2012

danielremy's avatar
    danielremy
    France France

When you look at all the strong and heady tuberoses of the 80's: Panthère (Cartier), Lumière (Rochas), Michelle (Balenciaga), Azzaro 9, and, of course, Poison (Dior), you see that with no doubt, Jardins de Bagatelle is the best of them all: more original, more refined, perfectly feminine. I am never tired of smelling it, and that's the sign of a classic.

20th April, 2012

blood-orange's avatar
    blood-orange

Jardins de Bagatelle appears to be the perfect white floral, and indeed it has been composed well.

This fragrance opens with a rich, powdery bouquet of jasmine, tuberose, gardenia, white rose and lily of the valley. It's all innocent, creamy and beautiful.

I was delighting in this fragrance for quite some time, appreciating the beauty of a well-done white floral but also knowing that I'd never wear it in my youthful years, due to its refined and classic appeal. Jardins de Bagatelle is a far better representation of white florals than Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors, Kai or Annick Goutal's Gardenia Passion.

I was ready to place this fragrance in the category of some of the best florals I've had the privilege to smell, when I noted a strong, dry vetiver accord that didn't mesh well with my chemistry.

Unfortunately all that flowery creaminess had vanished, leaving me with a masculine, soapy and unremarkable vetiver and musk blend. For some they have been able to smell the patchouli, violet and rich woods, however it looks like I got the bad end of the stick.

Despite the drydown being a drawback, the moments leading up to it was absolutely, exquisitely beautiful. The way I see it, although I can not wear this fragrance myself, I will certainly appreciate it on those who can.

24 March, 2012