Jardins de Bagatelle (1983)
by Guerlain

PackagingRobert Granai
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton
Parent Company at launchGuerlain

About Jardins de Bagatelle

A bouquet of white flowers. The Jardins de Bagatelle are gardens situated on the Bois de Boulogne in Paris and contain over 700 different varieties of rose.

Jardins de Bagatelle fragrance notes

Reviews of Jardins de Bagatelle

Guerlain have changed the packaging of many of their scents and many mens aftershaves. The normal packaging has been changed from the glass square art deco bottle to a rounded shape but the dreadful thing is the scent has been changed and is unrecognisable. Why don't they change the name as I have had to buy two bottles and only when I opened did I find the "smell" has changed and it is not pleaant.
07th April, 2014
White floral melange floating over a fresh green meadow

This 1983 Guerlain creation has been called by many the perfect white floral and I have to agree. A blast of tuberose and gardenia, followed by a melange of other white florals, finally floating into a balance with a lovely green note, the effect of being both in a garden just after the sun has touched the blossoms and adjacent to a lawn with warm green notes ascending to mix with the florals.

Very feminine, but neither metallic nor sharp to my nose, as some detractors have claimed.

There are, according to Guerlain, 15 ingredients:

Bergamot, Lemon, Neroli

Provence Rose, Jasmine, Gardenia, Tuberose, Magnolia, Narcissus

Patchouli, Cedarwood, Vetiver, Tonka Bean, Benzoin, Musk

This is, to my nose, one of Guerlain's very finest feminine scents.

Pros: Perfect balance of white florals and green notes
Cons: None

26th May, 2013
A jouful, radiant, multifaceted and uncompromisingly feminine floral scent, mastered by an heady duo gardenia/tuberose rooted over an orangy/musky base with hints of citrus, a touch of rosey soapiness and white musk. Some bergamot, a touch of moss, light neutral cedarwood, soft hints of balsams and patchouli imprint classicism without making heavy the general variant floral softness. The base is basically a well amalgamated floral bouquet over a light vetiver background. I suppose some arcane animalic patterns and may be a well modulated aldehydes usage contribute to root down a stable classic unfolding vibe. A cult fragrance of the past, still loved by many fond of the genre. A great Guerlain.
28th October, 2012 (last edited: 22nd December, 2013)
I personally liked this big loud Tuberose and gardenia blend, but I always got negative feedback when I wore it. Coworkers finally elected a spokesman to tell me not to wear it and my boyfriend at that time told me it smelled like toilet paper. So I had to content myself to drops of it while I was alone, and the bottle lasted so long it went rancid and I had to throw it away.
03rd September, 2012
As a lover of classic florals I still like this one, a golden oldie. Not one I buy often but good to be reminded of of it not and again.
24th August, 2012
When you look at all the strong and heady tuberoses of the 80's: Panthère (Cartier), Lumière (Rochas), Michelle (Balenciaga), Azzaro 9, and, of course, Poison (Dior), you see that with no doubt, Jardins de Bagatelle is the best of them all: more original, more refined, perfectly feminine. I am never tired of smelling it, and that's the sign of a classic.
20th April, 2012

Add your review of Jardins de Bagatelle

Shop for Jardins de Bagatelle products online

Shop for Jardins de Bagatelle at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Jardins de Bagatelle

Member images of Jardins de Bagatelle

There are no member images of Jardins de Bagatelle yet. Why not be the first?