Aqua Allegoria Rosa Magnifica (1999)
    by Guerlain

Reviews of Aqua Allegoria Rosa Magnifica

Showing 1 to 6 of 12 reviews.
    positive 6 Positive Reviewsneutral6 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

bookwyrmsmith's avatar
    bookwyrmsmith

This is a very nice and interesting rose scent -it almost has a ashy smell accompanying the rose.When my mother smelled it on my wrist she said "It has a lot of Lily-of-the-valley in it doesn't it?"
    That's it! Lily-of-the-valley and roses.Drydown is getting a bit soapy and I suspect that the longevity may not be very long ,but I still think this will be a must-have for my collection(&/or Mom's).

31st January, 2011

ebbtide's avatar
    ebbtide

I really wanted to like this; I love rose scents, I love Guerlain. It's certainly not a green rose, or a powdery rose, it's a strong wet rose with blasting hot-pink aldehydes. Something in there reminds me of the way Champs-Elysees feels, it's the same fizzy pink smell. (Mimosa?) It is young and bubbly and pleasant enough, but loud. Like all the Aqua Allegorias it don't have great longevity, just as well for me.

01st July, 2010

Doctor Mod's avatar
    Doctor Mod

A not terribly interesting--though inoffensive--rose soliflore. I rather think that the Aqua Allegoria line was a very sorry mistake on Guerlain's part, and I'm hardly surprised to see them gone. One expects sophistication and complexity from Guerlain, and (with the exception of Winter Delice, which was the only non-soliflore in the lot) the AA's were certainly not that.

Nice for sprinkling linens or added to bath water, though--provided you like rose scents.

25 January, 2010

bbBD's avatar
    bbBD

A perfectly simple, pleasant linear rose fragrance with a light, 'green' background. Longevity and sillage are as expected (reasonable, not outrageous). If I come across an inexpensive bottle or swap I'd seriously consider a purchase. Being on a rose kick lately, I would compare this to another simple rose, Czech & Speake Rose. The C&S is stronger with nearly double the longevity, but it's also close to triple the price. Both present a high-quality yet simple rose that showcases the note without hitting you over the head with it.

07 August, 2009

ubuandibeme's avatar
    ubuandibeme

Soapy rose. Rosewater, with a slight tea-like character. If you like roses, it's okay.

12 July, 2009

lovely_addiction's avatar
    lovely_addiction

Totally new here and new to fragrances, so please be gentle with me and my beginner's nose/vocabulary! As for this Guerlain fragrance that I received from TPC, along with 4 other Guerlains, this is the only one that agrees with my skin and, I believe, smells as it is supposed to. Although not my favorite scent, the rose here is definitely a lovel singular floral, and more modern than others I have tried. The name is absolutely perfect, as it does remind me of an "aquatic" rose garden...maybe a pond nearby or something. It did not have many "transitions" for me, so I guess that would be called "linear"? But, it was rich and absolutely pleasant smelling all day. I received numerous compliments from my hubby and people at work. Too bad it is discontinued, as I might have purchased. I still may order a small decant just to wear occasionally.

20th March, 2009