Les Météorites (2000)
    by Guerlain

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 76 ratings

Les Météorites information

Les Météorites is a women's fragrance by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 2000

Reviews of Les Météorites

Showing 1 to 6 of 18 reviews.

WidgeryWinks's avatar

I bought this on line earlier this year, completely sight unseen (unsmelt!) to bring my order up to a point for free shipping.
    What a delightful surprise. Violets are a childhood memory and this perfume gives me that plus something more seductive and mysterious. I love it to death and it is perfect for a hot summer day. Someone thinks its like a Jo Malone fragrance? I'll have to check that out.

15 November, 2009 (Last Edited: 24 February, 2010)

lodea's avatar

Unfortunately, I am not a fan of Les Meteorites. I think it was designed for a woman in her 40's or 50's. There is something synthetic I smell in it, and a bit too much powder. Even so, it still is quite unique and interesting. It might be the lily of the valley I like, and the musty smell I do not. Nice, but too old for me!

08 February, 2009

Lian's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

I got a sample of this from a lovely woman as an extra and this had made it pretty clear to me violet is not a note that makes me go gaga for more. It's light and fresh and just not impressive enough for me to hunt down a bottle, it reminds me vaguely of Champs Elysees because of the fresh and lightness. I havent bought that one either and if Meteorites was easily available I wouldn't buy it either.

Not bad. not great

29 October, 2008

tessera's avatar

Starts with violets and raspberries, but the berry fades off very quickly. Much more linear than, say, Apres'L Ondee, which is pretty linear itself. Really in the end it's a basic green violet scent on my skin, very much like Devon Violets, the old standby.

12 October, 2008

Marchessa's avatar

I tried it when it first came out and never thought it would be discontinued! I bought the little jar of Les Meteorites shimmer cream, and EVERYONE commented on the smell of it. I didn't get around to buying the fragrance, and TOTALLY REGRET IT!! I even emailed Guerlain and asked if they had any left I could buy and they replied (alas) - "non". Guerlain re-released Meteorites balls (powder) and I was praying they would do the same with the fragrance. Les Meteorites, to me, conjures up the scent of a well-bred woman. Clean, powdery, and just gorgeous! I always felt luxurious when I wore the scented shimmer cream. I would do anything to have Les Meteorites resurected!!!!

10th June, 2007

ubuandibeme's avatar

Violets, soapy & sweet! Les Meteorites is one fragrance that should have never been discontinued. Smells like I just stepped out of a luxurious bubble bath. Timeless, ageless, feminine, demure yet confident. Although it's been discontinued, you can still find some bottles here and there at a reasonable price.

13 April, 2007 (Last Edited: 17 June, 2009)

Add your review of Les Météorites