Terracotta Voile d'Ete (1999)
    by Guerlain

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 92 ratings

Terracotta Voile d'Ete information

Terracotta Voile d'Ete is a women's fragrance by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 1999 and the bottle was designed by Robert Granai

Reviews of Terracotta Voile d'Ete

Showing 1 to 6 of 16 reviews.

LaNose's avatar

I purchased Terrracotta Voiie d'Ete recently more for its handsome retro bottle; I had no idea what it smelled like. I've grown to like it very much. It's very sweet but not sickenly so. In fact, I find it reminiscent of L'Heure Bleue which I find
    overwhelmingly sweet especially when it veers into full-on-vanilla. TVd'E doesn't go down that road, but veers just in time into the foral spiciness of carnation.

It's not a high decibal fragrance, but sits gently on the skin: on cold, rainy days, it shimmers carnations and sunshine.

Although not one of the top tieir Guerlian creations, you'll be hard-put to find a more exquisite sweet carnation. If you prefer the dryer, clovey carnation this will not be for you. But, if you like, for example, Caron's Bellodgia, Terracotta Voile d'Ete just migh be your thing.

tv

27 March, 2012 (Last Edited: 30th March, 2012)

magali's avatar

Ireland Ireland

I like carnation scents (peppery almost) but I am a bit unsure about this one. People seem to find the longevity weak and short but NOT ME and it's an eau de toilette...I dread to think how strong an eau de parfum would be. It almost gave me a headache...or maybe I already had the headache before putting it on. I'll have to try again maybe in the winter. It would break my heart to have to give it the thumbs down so I'll come back to this one in a while.

now that I have gone back to Voile d'Ete I can almost smell an Orange Liqueur or Grand Marnier (sorry if I'm not allowed to mention alcoholic drinks) in it or is it the colour deceiving me? Not as overwhelming as first time round but still heavy- or maybe because I don't like liqueurs.

05 June, 2011 (Last Edited: 08 June, 2011)

Grottola's avatar

Carnation. This gives off the aroma of flowers baking in the sun, like a garden in the summer. Very floral but IMO unisex. Unfortunately, for as wonderful as Terracotta Voile d'Ete smells, it does not last very long.

23 March, 2011

Weimar27's avatar

Terracotta recreates the arid beauty of pure red sand
    sunbaked under a turqouise sky spicy texture of cinnamon adds to the dry earth Red carnation blooms
    in the vastness of a barren dessert the warm dry air
    blows across the horrizon reveals a scent of powdery sweet nuances iris turns terracotta sharp with a cold
    metallic tinge it conjours a image of ancient pottery found in dark caves of the Southwest colorful Markings of a long forgotten tribute to some Maiden, Creator or earth goddess from a mysterious Civilization Nocturnal Jasmine grows out of tiny
    creavasse of rock blooms an intoxicating green menthol scent, Rose opens the heart with an velvety
    texture Warm Red Roses that hangs like vines of adobe
    houses basking in the sunset Airy and powdery smell
    of Vanilla steeps though the senses sweet and delectable, diluted white lily subtle and yet i noticed Her scent of sweet spiciness trying to come
    though but it's drowned out by the more domineering
    notes of Cinnamon Vanilla and Iris, Green mint brings freshness to Terracotta briefly relaxing but it doe'snt last long it flees quickly off my skin
    sometimes i don't agree with the note cards some scents i can detect some scents is like finding a needle in a haystack and pear is one of them,

Terracotta maybe the first Fragrance to recreate the scent of nature without any synthtic artiface when it comes to Perfumery it does'nt use any plastic synthictics it smells like they choose the finest
    ingrients to recreate the essence of Terracotta
    Guerlain makes the Best of the Best.

10th February, 2011

w3pearl's avatar

to my nose this smells like a pile of red bricks. nasty! sniff before you buy this.

08 February, 2010

bbBD's avatar

You know when you go to an online fragrance retailer and go to the Guerlain page, and a number of 'oddball' fragrances are on the page, many of which are inexpensive and you know nothing about them? Terracotta Voile d'Ete is one of these Guerlains. I have not tried all of these mystery limited editions, but I can safely vouch for the fact that TVdE is a gem and a tremendous value considering the absurdly low prices it fetches on these sites (I bought mine for $22).

TVdE is primarily a carnation fragrance, which naturally has a floral spiciness to it. There are a confluence of other florals, and I believe citrus, that temper the spicy nature of the carnation and result in a fragrance that is very bright and sunny. It is not at all like a white floral, but wears more like a citrus or even a cologne, especially when you first apply it. The fragrance is essentially linear and, as mentioned by other reviewers, stays close to the skin but it lasts as expected for an EdT (4-6 hours). There is a light sweetness as well, which I believe results from heliotrope (there is also a light heliotrope-esque powderyness to the composition). On a side note, Guerlain used their old-school "circle flacon' with the cone stopper (with accompanying detachable atomizer) that used to be used for EdC concentrations of their fragrances. Don't worry, TVdE is an EdT.

A word to the wise: Guerlain may have discontinued TVdE, but it was reincarnated as a member of the Les Parisiennes line under the name Quand Vient l'Ete. If there is any different between the two, there may be a twinge of distinction in the topnotes, but they are at least 98% identical to one another (per a simultaneous skin test). I was seriously considering a purchase of the Les Parisiennes release until a knowledgeable BNer clued me in, as I know clue you in. Don't spend $200+ when you can spend $25! Not only do I recommend you try this, but I'd go so far as to say this is a safe blind buy for fans of Guerlain florals, especially at a the low prices it's available for.

17 March, 2009

Add your review of Terracotta Voile d'Ete

Search for on eBay United States

Terracotta Voile D'ete by Guerlain 3.4oz EDT Spray NIB Women's Perfume Very RARE
    • Time Left: 4 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    Terracotta Voile D'ete By Guerlain 3.3/3.4oz. Edt Spray For Women New In Box
    • Time Left: 18 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    Terracotta Voile d'ete by Guerlain 100ml Edt Spray for Women