Aqua Allegoria Gentiana (2001)
    by Guerlain

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 31 ratings

Aqua Allegoria Gentiana Fragrance Notes

Aqua Allegoria Gentiana information

Aqua Allegoria Gentiana is a women's fragrance by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 2001

Reviews of Aqua Allegoria Gentiana

Showing 1 to of 6 reviews.
    positive 4 Positive Reviewsneutral2 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

magali's avatar

Ireland Ireland

Too masculine for me. I would not feel confident wearing it in case people might think I stole my husband's perfume.

25 February, 2012

hanna.sunden's avatar

Sweden Sweden

To me, Gentiana is a positively foody with all the citrus fruits, pear and vanilla being thrown at you all at once. It's upbeat, fun and well composed but for me personally it's not nearly sophisticated enough.

27 November, 2009

odysseusm's avatar

This is a nice scent. It opens with a very citrusy-green chord. The citrus notes are crisp, appetizing and invigorating. I’m not sure what gentian smells like, but I do note a grassy-green note, perhaps it is that. Gradually a pear note emerges, and it is interesting. It starts off like the dusky green skin of a pear, gradually it rounds in to a more fruity-earthy scent. This rounding process is aided by the emergence of the musk. Thankfully, the vanilla is extremely subdued here. The scent finishes with a soft, round and mellow note of good longevity. This is not my style of scent, but I can say that it is very well done and attractive.

14 October, 2009

Sudsy's avatar

Today the postman delivered a lovely gentian blue Guerlain coffret from the UK. The main fragrance of 3 is AA Gentiana.
    I am so pleased with it!! It is a fresh citrus & floral, delightful everyday scent but with something deeper as it blends with my skin. The start is a strong grapefruit/orange note but then warms into a very unique gentian/lime powdered musk scent. More long lasting than Pamplelune.
    Sad indeed that it is discontinued...will have to spritz with reserve!! :-(

25 June, 2007

margi's avatar

England England

I am so upset that this is no longer available. This is a lovely green fragrance but not too bracing. The musk makes it much warmer than most of the other Allegorias. Floral and citrus all at once, and the grapefruit is a change from all the lemon that is used in most citrus/green frags. Longevity is surprisingly good. I will have to use my current bottle sparingly.

13 April, 2007

lefay's avatar

Fresh, green, very wearable daytime scent with some depth. Starts off with a grapefruit note (to my nose) and settles into an unusual but appealing gentian/green accord. Lovely.

18 October, 2005

Add your review of Aqua Allegoria Gentiana

Search for on eBay United States

NIB Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Gentiana eau de toilette mini miniature 7,5ml .25oz
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 16 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    Guerlain AQUA ALLEGORIA GENTIANA EAU DE TOILETTE SPRAY 4.2OZ TESTER BOTTLE NEW
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 10 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)