Aqua Allegoria Gentiana (2001)
by Guerlain

Aqua Allegoria Gentiana information

Year of Launch2001

Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Aqua Allegoria Gentiana

Aqua Allegoria Gentiana is a feminine perfume by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 2001

Aqua Allegoria Gentiana fragrance notes

Reviews of Aqua Allegoria Gentiana

Too masculine for me. I would not feel confident wearing it in case people might think I stole my husband's perfume.
25th February, 2012
To me, Gentiana is a positively foody with all the citrus fruits, pear and vanilla being thrown at you all at once. It's upbeat, fun and well composed but for me personally it's not nearly sophisticated enough.
27th November, 2009
This is a nice scent. It opens with a very citrusy-green chord. The citrus notes are crisp, appetizing and invigorating. I’m not sure what gentian smells like, but I do note a grassy-green note, perhaps it is that. Gradually a pear note emerges, and it is interesting. It starts off like the dusky green skin of a pear, gradually it rounds in to a more fruity-earthy scent. This rounding process is aided by the emergence of the musk. Thankfully, the vanilla is extremely subdued here. The scent finishes with a soft, round and mellow note of good longevity. This is not my style of scent, but I can say that it is very well done and attractive.
14th October, 2009
Today the postman delivered a lovely gentian blue Guerlain coffret from the UK. The main fragrance of 3 is AA Gentiana.
I am so pleased with it!! It is a fresh citrus & floral, delightful everyday scent but with something deeper as it blends with my skin. The start is a strong grapefruit/orange note but then warms into a very unique gentian/lime powdered musk scent. More long lasting than Pamplelune.
Sad indeed that it is discontinued...will have to spritz with reserve!! :-(

25th June, 2007
I am so upset that this is no longer available. This is a lovely green fragrance but not too bracing. The musk makes it much warmer than most of the other Allegorias. Floral and citrus all at once, and the grapefruit is a change from all the lemon that is used in most citrus/green frags. Longevity is surprisingly good. I will have to use my current bottle sparingly.
13th April, 2007
Fresh, green, very wearable daytime scent with some depth. Starts off with a grapefruit note (to my nose) and settles into an unusual but appealing gentian/green accord. Lovely.
18th October, 2005

Add your review of Aqua Allegoria Gentiana

Shop for Aqua Allegoria Gentiana products online

Search Amazon for Aqua Allegoria Gentiana

Member images of Aqua Allegoria Gentiana

There are no member images of Aqua Allegoria Gentiana yet. Why not be the first?