Shalimar Eau Légère Parfumée (2003)
    by Guerlain

Reviews of Shalimar Eau Légère Parfumée

Showing 1 to 6 of 15 reviews.
    positive 14 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

iivanita's avatar
    iivanita
    Croatia Croatia

if modern perfumes can not contain certain notes that were available when Shalimar was produced then perfumers should make the best what they can from things they are allowed to use in natural today....and this perfume is beautiful recreation of old Shalimar...the accent is on lemony vanilla pie, its not that woody, nor "dark smokey" like original, nor that complex as well... but it is decent very wearable allaround year perfume, it smells a bit similar to other vanilla perfumes from their exclusive line......i go neutral becasue the new version of Shalimar 2013 improved so this one is no longer better version

11th April, 2013

Azure Blue's avatar
    Azure Blue

Shalimar Eau Légère Parfumée was perfect when it was introduced in 2003. None of the later iterations improved it. What is wrong with Guerlain? Shalimar Eau Légère was destined to be a classic. The first time I sampled it, back in 2003, I was hooked. For several years it was readily available. Then they changed the formula and introduced it as Shalimar Light. Not as good but okay. I searched for and continued to find the Eau Légère version until some time in 2009, when the supply dried up. For a year or so, I was able to locate a few bottles of Shalimar Light, but I finally gave up my search and moved on to something completely different. Guerlain claims that Eau de Shalimar is the same formula as Shalimar Eau Légère, but critics say some of the key ingredients are inferior in quality to the original. I do not know, because I have not tried it. I have moved on.

14 December, 2011

nofixedstars's avatar
    nofixedstars

Eau de Shalimar is pretty much exactly what one might expect from its name and look...a lighter, more "modern" or "fresher"---i.e., less animalic, less dense---variant of the classic Shalimar. No, it's not the same; but then, it's not meant to be. Yes, it is true to the scent profile of the original, in a way that many flanker scents are not. While I infinitely prefer the incredible richness and polish of the original, I also enjoy using Eau de Shalimar as well. It's crisper and yes, lighter, but far from insipid, and on me it wears very true to the original formula, by which I mean that it's recognizably Shalimar...I don't at all get the pronounced lime note listed and reported by others, nor does the vanilla dominate. For people who find some scents too heavy in warm weather (not a problem for me) or who wish they could wear their Shali to the office but feel they need a lighter approach, this could serve very well. Likewise, for those who have tried the classic version and found it too heavy for their preferences or too "old", this could likewise likewise suit them better. Although I'm generally not a fan of companies tinkering with a classic just for novelty or dialing one back to appease a trend for the lighter side of perfume, I've found that all the incarnations of Shalimar have a place, and all are reasonably faithful to the original which is deservedly timeless.

10th November, 2011

teardrop's avatar
    teardrop
    England England

l agree with bbBD & MFJ on this one. "Lemon custard dessert" describes it perfectly, & yet it's not overly sweet or cloying at all. l adore Shalimar, but l find this version much more versatile & wearable all year round. A very successful modern interpretation of a classic.
    (l have the Eau de Shalimar version in the Edition Charms bottle)

23 February, 2011

BetsyMeszaros's avatar
    BetsyMeszaros

I love Shalimar but this is better. I just received this as Eau de Shalimar. It starts with an over powering citrus and then quickly goes to a vanilla and then settles down to an almost floral vanilla note that remains for a long time. Some time ago I had a perfumer in Scottsdale blend a perfume just for me. It was called "Besmi" for Betsy Smith. I know really cheesy but I was only 22 at the time so give me a break. This smells very much like it. I never thought it was possible but I actually like this better then Shalimar (at least the non-vintage version). It just smells romance. I would love to get a bottle of the original Shalimar Eau Legerre to compare with the Eau de Shalimar. I know they are suppose to be the same but a side by side comparison would be great. My husband likes it too.

22 December, 2010

bbBD's avatar
    bbBD

Shalimar Eau Legere takes the spirit of Shalimar and puts it in a more compact package. The initial citrus topnote is not unlike the lemon top of Habit Rouge. Nearly immediately a creamy vanilla joins the picture, slowly building in strength until the combination of citrus and vanilla approximates a lemon-custard desert. There's something in this citrus/vanilla accord that approximates the legendary citrus/vanilla/opoponax of the original - it refers to it - without actually being Shalimar. Shalimar Eau Legere was later re-introduced as Eau de Shalimar, but if you can find an Eau Legere bottle go for it because the original formula is richer and creamier. Thumbs UP.

18 September, 2010