Hanae Mori (new / Butterfly) (1995)
by Hanae Mori

Hanae Mori (new / Butterfly) information

Year of Launch1995

HouseHanae Mori
PerfumerBernard Ellena
SupplierDragoco
Parent CompanyCosmetique et Parfum International

About Hanae Mori (new / Butterfly)

The colours of the butterfly on the packaging refer to the different strengths: Red (parfum), Blue (Eau de Parfum) and Pink (Eau de toilette).

Hanae Mori (new / Butterfly) fragrance notes

Reviews of Hanae Mori (new / Butterfly)

A vaguely, sub-tropical, creamy, fruit stand thing. Very 1990's. Pretty, it doesn't thrill me to the nth degree though. Yet, at the same time, I like it for its time-capsule allure. Floral-fruit-girly-girl. Hints of crispy rose lie beneath the surface. Some greenish combo of jasmine and peony, intrigue me.

Remains "sweet" for a long time. The base is sweet, as well, with a bit of wood, especially sweet cedar wood and almond, too.

Stays sweet. Forever.

Overall, too girly, for me.

11th November, 2019
I didn't like this on the first try, but I don't think I really gave it much of a chance past the opening. I tried it again and now I really enjoy it after letting it settle down and keeping an open mind. (raspberry and strawberry notes can often go weird and bad on me). I definitely get the creamy/lactonic plastic vanilla strawberry vibe this time. It's very sweet but not annoyingly so (I tend to only like a few gourmands). I find it youthful but not immature (probably with the strawberry and plastic doll head smells), and it's very comforting. It kind of reminds me of wearing a cozy sweater as a kid drinking strawberry milk and playing with barbies, etc. but also a bit more adult and sophisticated with the woods in the base. I'm glad I gave it another chance. I definitely need to be in the right mood to wear it, and it's more of a cozy home scent, but I'm really enjoying it!
12th March, 2019
I have a small bottle of parfum concentration. While wearing it, it's like my skin is savouring a rich cream cake with plenty of various berries. It smells so creamy! And I thought there must be vanilla, though it's not among the notes. When the floral notes become more prominent, it reminds me of a body cream however I can't remember what it was. After several hours, the sandalwood takes over sweet fruity and floral notes, adding a more mature touch.

It's innocent and romantic, feminity of extreme. The sillage is moderate and the longevity can reach 9h. However I barely wear it outside. It always reminds of a cozy Sunday afternoon when we read a book or spend some quality time with our beloved ones. And I'm always craving a tea or a coffee while wearing this yummy berry cream cake. Guess my small bottle will be ok for a period of time.

Originally written in 2013.
05th January, 2018
I received this as a sample and I absolutely love it. It has such a childlike quality to it. The opening can be nauseating for a bit but once it settles down it becomes very soft and wears close to the skin. Butterfly is the perfect name for it as it's so subtle and quiet until you get close and then it just gently floats around you. This would be the perfect fragrance for anyone dealing with children as it's inviting, sweet and somehow comforting. Great spring and summer scent.
17th November, 2016
Yet another of the Angel rip-offs!

Seemingly hundreds, perhaps thousands, of scents reviewed on Basenotes are rip-offs of Angel, yet hardly any of the noses who review here seem to comprehend this. I feel like a voice crying in the wilderness.

Why am I seemingly the only one who notices this trend? I begin to think I'm living in a twilight zone. Butterfly is a VERY BIG FRUITY GOURMAND, based entirely on Angel. More blasts of berry fruits taken to higher levels, going beyond the holiday potpourri spray and entering the stratosphere.

Even though I love the originality of Angel, I don't appreciate the laziness and irresponsibility of fragrance houses relying on the stupidity of consumers by sending out copy after copy.

Do not bother with Hanae Mori - buy the original!
01st March, 2016
I've always loved gourmands, and this is a great one. I agree with the reviewers who say that it smells young. This was my favourite in my late teens. I loved sweet perfumes, but wanted something more complex than Pink Sugar or the Body Shop oils that my peers were wearing.

It's sweet, but sweet like a pipe rather than sweet like cotton candy.

I recently smelled it on someone else and repurchased, but in the smaller rollerball size. It's nice to have as a reminder, but too cloying to use as an everyday scent.
22nd February, 2016

Add your review of Hanae Mori (new / Butterfly)

Shop for Hanae Mori (new / Butterfly) products online

Hanae Mori Him by Hanae Mori EDT Spray 3.4 oz Unboxed

End Date: Friday Jan-17-2020 9:36:16 PST
Buy It Now for only: $30.59
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

2 HANAE MORI BUTTERFLY OR HIM EAU DE TOILETTE SPRAY TRAVEL VIAL SAMPLE AUTHENTIC

Buy It Now for only: $7.99

HANAE MORI BY HANAE MORI 3.4/3.3 OZ EDT SPRAY FOR MEN NIB

End Date: Friday Jan-17-2020 11:31:24 PST
Buy It Now for only: $28.30
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of Hanae Mori (new / Butterfly)