Hanae Mori (new / Butterfly) (1995)
by Hanae Mori

Hanae Mori (new / Butterfly) information

Year of Launch1995

HouseHanae Mori
PerfumerBernard Ellena
SupplierDragoco
Parent CompanyCosmetique et Parfum International

About Hanae Mori (new / Butterfly)

The colours of the butterfly on the packaging refer to the different strengths: Red (parfum), Blue (Eau de Parfum) and Pink (Eau de toilette).

Hanae Mori (new / Butterfly) fragrance notes

Reviews of Hanae Mori (new / Butterfly)

I received this as a sample and I absolutely love it. It has such a childlike quality to it. The opening can be nauseating for a bit but once it settles down it becomes very soft and wears close to the skin. Butterfly is the perfect name for it as it's so subtle and quiet until you get close and then it just gently floats around you. This would be the perfect fragrance for anyone dealing with children as it's inviting, sweet and somehow comforting. Great spring and summer scent.
17th November, 2016
Yet another of the Angel rip-offs!

Seemingly hundreds, perhaps thousands, of scents reviewed on Basenotes are rip-offs of Angel, yet hardly any of the noses who review here seem to comprehend this. I feel like a voice crying in the wilderness.

Why am I seemingly the only one who notices this trend? I begin to think I'm living in a twilight zone. Butterfly is a VERY BIG FRUITY GOURMAND, based entirely on Angel. More blasts of berry fruits taken to higher levels, going beyond the holiday potpourri spray and entering the stratosphere.

Even though I love the originality of Angel, I don't appreciate the laziness and irresponsibility of fragrance houses relying on the stupidity of consumers by sending out copy after copy.

Do not bother with Hanae Mori - buy the original!
01st March, 2016
I've always loved gourmands, and this is a great one. I agree with the reviewers who say that it smells young. This was my favourite in my late teens. I loved sweet perfumes, but wanted something more complex than Pink Sugar or the Body Shop oils that my peers were wearing.

It's sweet, but sweet like a pipe rather than sweet like cotton candy.

I recently smelled it on someone else and repurchased, but in the smaller rollerball size. It's nice to have as a reminder, but too cloying to use as an everyday scent.
22nd February, 2016
Kotori Show all reviews
Once you get past the initial blast of strawberry and ylang ylang, this fragrance dries down to an incredibly warm and pleasant gourmand. I do not ever smell the Rose on my skin, but I smell almond, vanilla, and sandalwood. It stands up to 100 degree days and doesn't fight with sunscreen smells, so I find myself wearing it often throughout the summer.
15th August, 2015
This perfume has marked the history of perfumery: here is the only real opponent that Bertrand Batman has ever known! However, this experience (1995) turned into a defeat, and Batman became a legendary superhero!
The original idea was a "butterfly", but development seemed closer to a "moth".

It was born, the Killer Moth.

Perfumer without a proper name, but with a famous name, the Moth was the most formidable enemy of Batman. However, due to one of the most stupid costumes of all time (the wings can not be used to fly) he missed his dream of becoming the most prolific perfumer. Or at least he had to wait a few years!
So the wings should be decorative! Maybe you had to choose a more aggressive animal!

Killer Moth has no superhuman abilities, and this is just a perfume for kids! Just like the comic is!

This reviewer may have conflicts of interest

03rd June, 2015
A tasty and luscious gourmand vibe!

You may trust me: This is brilliant. Marvellous from the beginning to the end, creamy sandalwood plus a potent and succulent fruity vibe, a very tasty and special gourmand! EDP or EDT they are equally delicious. All thumbs up!

25th May, 2013

Add your review of Hanae Mori (new / Butterfly)

Shop for Hanae Mori (new / Butterfly) products online

Search Amazon for Hanae Mori (new / Butterfly)

Member images of Hanae Mori (new / Butterfly)