24, Faubourg (1995)

Year of Launch1995

HouseHermès
PerfumerMaurice Roucel

About 24, Faubourg

24, Faubourg is a feminine perfume by Hermès. The scent was launched in 1995 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel

Reviews of 24, Faubourg

This is a gentle and restrained white floral, quite light, and a true tribute to the scent of jasmine. It has a light menthol-like dry down.

Top notes: Neroli, Jasmine Sambac
Heart notes: Iris, Vanilla
Base notes: Amber, Patchouli

Turin gives it four stars and names it a "honeyed floral."

It is recommended for the very young woman - in her early twenties.

Very nice, sophisticated, complex.
18th June, 2015
Salutation.

I prefer 24 FAUBOURG to many popular modern scents because it is Pure CLASS. This fragrance is also wonderfully Subtle and Sophisticated.A Distinctive and Alluring blend that is the image of a Demure Lady. Classy,Rich,Special,Warm,Glamorous,Chic,Masterpiece, Floral, Aristocratic and 100% French Style.

A very original composition as fresh green scent mixing with Gardenia and Jasmine and a Warm Rich base of Patchouly,Vanilla and Amber However Jasmine is the most prominent Floral notes for me but there is also patchouli Dominant in the base notes as This is a blend that speaks clearly of Timeless Elegance and Exquisite Femininity.

This one is Seemly for Every SPECIAL Moments in AUTUMN,WINTER.It is not for Young Generation definitely for a queen and a self confident Character.Surely You get so Many compliments when you wear it. There is no other word possible to describe this fragrance it is utterly LOVELY.

Sillage?Great.

Longevity?Phenomenal.

Thank You HERMES.

24th May, 2015
24, Fabourg... (pure parfum)

The princess perfume from what I understand...

First off, this is a Beauty of a feminine fragrance, with a capitol W for women.
It is beautiful, sensual, warm, longing, intoxicating all at the same time. Pure femininity in a bottle and thus incredibly sexy.

The woman who wears this is gorgeous but requires a sensitive and featherlike touch to be seduced. She is elegant and playful, making her seem almost out of reach.

As for the fragrance itself, its a gorgeous floral, it's semi sharp, bittersweet, with warm vanilla and sandalwood combination. These are the notes I perceive. This fragrance is soft and it lingers, perhaps what a woman's scarf might smell when she unwraps it off her neck.

If this was in fact the scent that Diana left a trail of wherever she went, it more than explains (in part) why she was irresistible...
14th November, 2014
The following review is based purely on memory (and from a male perspective)...

Having tested many fragrances over the last few years, let me just say... I think this is one the best perfumes for women in the world (and that's not something I would say lightly). The way this is put together is really special... and the smell is practically divine! It's strong, soft, warm and feminine all at the same time.

Hermès 24 Faubourg completely knocked me out when I first smelt it and immediately after I bought a small flacon of this for someone very dear to me... she really loved it! I think it's one of the classiest fragrances a woman could wear. I should also mention that the bottle itself is a work of art, with beautiful, rose gold liquid inside. It just announces class and beauty form that alone.

Additionally, I should also mention that this was one of Princess Diana's favourite perfumes whilst she was alive. Which just goes to show it really is a perfume worthy of a royal princess! I think that while it may come across as a little strong and bold, it's also manages to be very balanced and soft at the same time. I find it formal and elegant, but if someone really liked it they could wear it on most other occasions as well.

Overall, 24 Faubourg is a beautifully blended perfume from Hermès and master perfumer Maurice Roucel, I can't really fault it as a creation. This is one to be worn with your best clothes and jewellery. Perfect scent for a classy, confidant, beautiful woman, and perhaps the ultimate wedding day scent in my opinion. Well done Hermès & M. Roucel. Elegance & Perfection!
05th July, 2014
Genre: Floral Oriental

Not a bad scent, but not one of my favorites from Hermès, nor from nose Maurice Roucel, who composed it. 24, Faubourg registers for me as a spicy floral-oriental with an intensely soapy “perfumey” character. The basic structure recalls some of the classic French scents of the early 20th century, (L'Heure Bleue, Narcisse Noir, etc.) but without displacing any of its great predecessors.

My favorite part of this scent is the drydown, which reveals rich spicy woods, vanilla, and the faintest animalic element deep in the background. 24, Faubourg is a potent scent with plenty of sillage and tenacity, so I advise sparing application. For a more interesting Roucel venture in this vein, try Guerlain's Insolence instead.
09th June, 2014
Love this one! To me it smells like class ( if class had a smell). I makes me thin of what women in Paris would wear! I just wish it lasted longer. It reminds me of another one I wear- Caesars woman. I love the amber and florals in it. I just hope they never discontinue making it.

24th May, 2014

Add your review of 24, Faubourg

Shop for 24, Faubourg products online

Shop for 24, Faubourg at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for 24, Faubourg

Member images of 24, Faubourg

There are no member images of 24, Faubourg yet. Why not be the first?