Hugo Woman (original) (1997)
by Hugo Boss

PerfumerUrsula Wandel
PackagingPeter Schmidt
Parent CompanyProcter & Gamble > P&G Prestige Beaute
Parent Company at launchProcter & Gamble > Eurocos

About Hugo Woman (original)

Hugo Woman (original) is a feminine perfume by Hugo Boss. The scent was launched in 1997 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Ursula Wandel. The bottle was designed by Peter Schmidt

Hugo Woman (original) fragrance notes

Reviews of Hugo Woman (original)

As a 90's teenager I could really appreciate this scent. Feminine without the strong flowery notes. To me it resembled strength without being obtrusive, being noticed on a subtle way.
It works extremely well with white shirt and jeans or suit.
I agree with micci.
01st November, 2013
I could write " This is a feminine from Boss" and you could immediately figure on your mind the typical synthetic kind of smell from the brand. I can add that for the main part of its trip the scent is cheap, fruity-floral, fluidy and too much alcoholic, furthermore that a touch of plastic musky vanilla tames finally the angularity of the mediocre juice. Nothing new, that's a boss, namely a mass marketed artificial fragrance. The notable elements are berries, green apple, citrus and lily. A touch of woodsy smoothness closes the round. Immensely boring and stuck as a Boss's.
31st March, 2012
I'm obviously one of the minority here that agrees with this fragrance being a fruity floral.

Hugo Woman is crisp, fruity and only mildly floral to my nose. I found that this fragrance took a while to grow on me. At first I didn't like its sharpness in the opening, however giving it an hour to develop, I must say that I quite like it.

The scent is pretty strong, but never cloying. Hugo Woman smells like apple puree and tropical fruit juice. The crisp green apple note is for me the most dominant note in this fragrance, followed by black currant, melon and papaya.

The presence of the vanilla towards the drydown, keeps the scent from becoming too fruity and sharp. The vanilla adds a nice feminine and sweet touch, which makes Hugo Woman quite delicious.

I don't think this is the right fragrance to make a statement like the adverstising seems to suggest. Although inoffensive and pleasant, I don't find it to be particularly unique in any way. Just a nice, casual fragrance which would make a good staple in someone's wardrobe.

26th June, 2011
Hugo Boss Woman is a soft, feminine fragrance that smells like a typical mass-produced perfume which is sold in "better department stores". If I didn't know that it was by Hugo Boss, I would have thought it was by Calvin Klein as it has that vague generic soapy, musky, dumbed-down smell that so many of his fragrances have (or had in the 90's. I now avoid them all).

Hugo Boss Woman is best described as the kind of perfume to be worn when going to dinner at your husband's boss' house for the first time. It is inoffensive, lady-like and likely to leave a casual smeller thinking that you are a clean nice person. Yawn.

23rd June, 2008
I bought Hugo Woman for my girlfriend because I knew she would love it....and she sure did (You can never go wrong with this fragrance...)!

It's fresh,crisp and elegant with amazing longevity.
Its structure is as follows,
Scent Type: Oriental - Fruity
Top Notes: Green apple, cantaloupe, water lily
Heart Notes: Florals, nectarine, peach, berry
Base Notes: Siamwood, sandalwood, amber

It's a pleasant deviation from the overly flowery women fragrances in the market today. There is NOTHING unisex about it. I know many women who would rather wear men fragrances due to the over powering floweriness in many of the women fragrances : Hugo Woman is your salvation for this problem!!!
Hugo Woman commands presence and character....it's all about confidence!!
Hugo has definitely taken women fragrances to another level with this unique perfume. Viva Hugo!!
12th May, 2008
To me this smells quite plain & very masculine/unisex. It may just be my chemistry. To me this would be nice to wear to bed when away from DH. The bottle is quite boring too. Definitely no purchase. I am glad I sampled first.
05th December, 2005

Add your review of Hugo Woman (original)

Shop for Hugo Woman (original) products online

Shop for Hugo Woman (original) at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Hugo Woman (original)

Member images of Hugo Woman (original)

There are no member images of Hugo Woman (original) yet. Why not be the first?

Hugo Woman (original) News