Manifesto (2000)
    by Isabella Rossellini

Manifesto Fragrance Notes

Manifesto information

Actress, Rossellini (daughter of Roberto Rossellini and Ingrid Bergman) creates her first fragrance to complement her cosmetic line of the same name.

Reviews of Manifesto

Showing 1 to 6 of 7 reviews.

numcks's avatar
    numcks

My wife really enjoys this one, and I really like it on her. Granted, its not overly feminine and I probably would feel comfortable wearing it myself, but it projects a very warm and comforting vibe to me.

13 May, 2011 (Last Edited: 07 June, 2011)

Weimar27's avatar
    Weimar27

Manifesto is a scent of a forest after the midnight rain in a early morning dew
    a morning stroll though the grass feeling the wetness bettween your toes
    with yellow dandilions around you.
    with a morning cup of coffee you admire
    the the morning beauty around you.

i can pick up a note of green tea and i just love mixing in with the basil and jasmine like a warm cup of scented jasmine green tea but my nose don't pick up any pears but only a wisp of
    white lily and musk for the drydown.

09 October, 2010

sueo's avatar
    sueo

I like this. It is complex but not overwhelming. I find it quite "womanly" - not a girly fragrance. I'd wear it more often but it makes my partner cough.

24 September, 2010

mochi227's avatar
    mochi227

I love Isabella Rossellini but I don't love her "Manifesto," despite the heart-felt copy that went along with my sample. Her manifesto is that the small, daily things are true luxuries: meals cooked at home with loved ones, fresh herbs in the garden outdoors. Despite this nice back-story, her scent wore very literally on me, and after application I felt like I had just spent an hour in the kitchen cooking. The basil and black pepper were powerful, and the base notes only seemed to elevate this kitchen scent into full-on funk. I was perplexed by this composition and rather glad when it was over. Lasting power was a few hours, but the opening and middle scenes really did smell like the after-effects of cooking a meal.

02 April, 2010

pellen's avatar
    pellen

I find this scent really comfortable if not terribly exciting. It seems to wear quite close to the skin for me and doesn't have great lasting power. I get a very nice, light floral in the middle notes, and that seems to be what really lingers. I don't find any part of it heavy in any way. It could be a nice everyday scent, especially in spring/summer, in my opinion.

30th October, 2006

castorpollux's avatar
    castorpollux

Well i wouldn't call it a "manly" scent but it certainly is unisex. The fresh top has some flowery bits and goes on to become a bit sweeter and the base is musky and comfortable. I wasn't expecting much from this one but was gladly surprised. I once had a cd that smelled similar to this one and it was nice. I like it a lot and it's for everyday use in my opinion.

17 January, 2006