Silences Purple (2004)

About Silences Purple

Silences Purple is a feminine perfume by Jacomo. The scent was launched in 2004

Silences Purple fragrance notes

Reviews of Silences Purple

I really like Silences Purple. It has nothing in common with the original Silences (which I also own and love) except for the name and the bottle shape.

I would describe the scent as a floriental. It starts out a bit sharp and medicinal, but settles in minutes to a vanilla floral that dries down over time to a sweet smoke and wood. It took me a few wearings to fully appreciate it, but now I find it amazingly complex and beautiful. The scent has great sillage and lasts 12+ hours on my skin.

A lot of people compare this to Dior Addict. I had not smelled Addict when I purchased Silences Purple unsniffed, but I have since had a chance to compare the two. There are some similiarties, but I think Silences Purple is a better-constructed fragrance, in addition to being more affordable. Jacomo is such an underrated perfume house, and this perfume must be one of the best-kept secrets of the fragrance world. Big bottles of the EDP are available for $15 to $20 at several etailers.
30th August, 2010
I used to love "Silences Original", but the purple version is rather disappointing, although it is much stronger than its old black sister, but lacking innovation. Perhaps it's the predominance of jasmin and carnation, which is a problem to me - to summ it up: definetely not my cup of tea.
16th October, 2006

Add your review of Silences Purple

Shop for Silences Purple products online

Search Amazon for Silences Purple

Member images of Silences Purple

There are no member images of Silences Purple yet. Why not be the first?