Fath de Fath (1953)

About Fath de Fath

Reorchestrated in 1993

Reviews of Fath de Fath

Lyuba Show all reviews
In life there are not so very many experiences when you fall in love with person, dress, shoes or perfume at first sight and forever. And if you do, it surprises you every day by how easy it was, like it was meant to be your person, your dress or your perfume
So I guess same story is between me and Fath de Fath. We just meant to meet and stay forever.
Its a perfume I understood from first second, all notes – separately and as a whole where somewhat engraved into my skin and chemistry a long time before the actual meeting took place.

Its a part of me. - always is the right time for him, its stunning, perfect, refined, silky, beautiful, smooth oriental. Its my glass of cognac in front of fireplace and feet massage, its my sleeping pill, its my morning smile, in all times and situations – the best.

Its never just fruity or just floral or just oriental, its..creamy rich long-lasting smell of comfortable life - Fath de Fath...
All things in one, all beautiful things as a whole.
*give me a medal, I invented a new slogan* lol
11th July, 2015
Fath de Fath was the sixth fragrance released by Jacques Fath. His third release, Iris Gris, has become a legend of the perfume world with its expert mix of orris root and peach.

Fath de Fath has a lovely, warm, powdery quality to it. The primary heart floral I can make out is heliotrope, which rests on a base of amber, vanilla and labdanum.

There must certainly be many more ingredients, but this nose can't single them out. The effect is quite nice, typical of the 1950s, and one of the first to bring vanilla and amber to the forefront.

Seek out the vintage only. The reformulation of 1993 is nothing like the original.
08th February, 2015
Fath de Fath is a very conventional, polite floral oriental scent, and while there’s nothing terribly original about it, it demonstrates the virtues of balanced proportions, seamless blending, and elegant poise. While it’s not at all exciting, it is very nice. The opening is all about soft, sweet citrus and powdery heliotrope. The floral bouquet expands quickly, but the individual blossoms are melded completely into an unrecognizable, abstract floral arrangement. (See above for “seamless blending.”) Vanilla and tonka bean provide a sweet backdrop for the floral blend, but never become cloying or syrupy. (What did I say about balanced proportions?) Fath de Fath speaks in a clear middle voice, with none of the bombast that compromises 1980s genre entries like Giorgio, Boucheron, Poison, or Amarige. (That would be the “elegant poise.”) The drydown is powdery vanilla amber, all downy soft and cuddly, with nary an animalic or lascivious element in sight. In short, Fath de Fath is a pleasant, reliable, everyday fragrance of no great distinction but plenty of gentle charm.
13th June, 2014
I absolutely agree with the other thumbs down reviews for the reformulation. I used to wear the old Fath de Fath back in the 70s and 80s. It was exquisite. I discovered it at Jacqueline Perfumery in San Francisco. Ah the memories. Just a perfect perfume - elegant, classy, sexy subtle.

Why did they reformulate this perfume that was beyond all others? How dare they call it Fath de Fath? Why can't they admit their mistake and make the old Fath de Fath again?

I too would be happy to send a strip to a perfumer to remake this exquisite fragrance. I have a tiny bit left in a bottle but alas it has lost it's strength. Oh how I long for that original Fath de Fath. Please somebody bring it back. Please.
15th April, 2012
Any mention of Fath de Fath....and I have to jump in. I have known and loved this perfume since was love at first sniff

But I must say that I didn't like even a whiff of the reformulation at all, I also feel that they should have not named it Fath de Fath, it's totally different from the original which was very refined, sophisticated and truly a beautiful is unlike any other fragrance.

After years of search I finally found a tiny bottle paying $$$ from a French web site; later
I discovered eBay and bought a couple of large EDP bottles there. Sadly they all smell a bit weak....but heavenly all the same.

I wish and hope someone recreates a replica of the original. BTW...this is my first entry and post on this forum. I was drawn here out of my love for this fabulous Fath fragrance. I will
be happy to send a strip to any serious perfumaniac who wants to experience this scent.
09th February, 2012
When you compare the Reformulation of Fath de Fath with the Original, the New Perfume should never have been released bearing this name. It is a Travesty. The original was a green, very French "Chypre" with the Elegance of Chanel 5, but with even more of a Sophistication to it. It is a Classic, more so than Crepe de Chine. One Whiff of This and you'll remeber it for Life.
15th December, 2011

Add your review of Fath de Fath

Shop for Fath de Fath products online

Shop for Fath de Fath at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Fath de Fath

Member images of Fath de Fath

There are no member images of Fath de Fath yet. Why not be the first?