Bal Versailles (1962)

HouseJean Desprez
Parent CompanyPerfumania Holdings > Parlux
Parent Company at launchJean Desprez

About Bal Versailles

Bal Versailles is a feminine perfume by Jean Desprez. The scent was launched in 1962

Reviews of Bal Versailles

I get floral for about 10 minutes, then animals for another 20, and then it's gone. Perhaps my sample was old (got it at a street fair) and therefore no longer very strong. This is nice, but doesn't last long enough for me to consider purchasing.
15th January, 2017
Sweet, powdery, floral, animalic (civet, I gather), I'm a big fan of this style. I'm trying this from a sample. The closest I have to this in my collection is vintage Habit Rouge Eau de Cologne, just from the feel of assured, light sweetness, backed up with an animalic component; I think they both use vanilla. This one has a stronger animalic contribution, the more the merrier to my nose.
14th October, 2016 (last edited: 16th October, 2016)
It's not very remarkable for me. It smells good, like resin. It's musky, but not overpowering. It's just a little sweet on the air. Honestly I like it better in the air than on my skin. I would wear this but not be overwhelmed by it. It's just not me.
14th July, 2016
Lovely, sweet rose and civet scent with a superbly done sandal and vanilla finish featuring just a hint of leather. I find it very simple but endlessly enjoyable.
13th February, 2016
I love this perfume, although it may be a little sweetly floral for an older woman.
25th February, 2015
"NC-17"

It's 1978 in Battersea Park, London. The Stranglers have just finished playing "Nice 'n' Sleazy". This is how the stage smells like...
23rd October, 2014

Add your review of Bal Versailles

Shop for Bal Versailles products online

Shop for Bal Versailles at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Bal Versailles

Member images of Bal Versailles

Perfumes launched in the same year as Bal Versailles (1962)