Sheherazade (1983)

AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseJean Desprez
PackagingPierre Dinand

About Sheherazade

Sheherazade is a feminine perfume by Jean Desprez. The scent was launched in 1983 and the bottle was designed by Pierre Dinand

Reviews of Sheherazade

I wore this perfume when I got married in 1986. It is a sublimely feminine fragrance.
01st July, 2012
I have an unmarked sample, so it may be an EDT. The opening is a kind of sweet waxy note that for some reason I associate with the 70's. It may be an aldehyde/carnation thing. I don't experience this as sultry...a bit stodgy I feel. A tweak of citrus is in the mix, or is it rosewood? Rosewood has that kind high sharpness as well. Then moss plus vanilla. It's a murky ol' thing. Carnation powder.
02nd August, 2010
I wore this one in the mid to late 80's. I first bought it in Harrods in 1983 just after it was launched, and then re-bought it in Coral Gables, Florida (at a perfume shop on Miracle Mile) in 1989. I loved it. It was both chypre and powdery, making it very, very distinctive and terribly elegant. The bottle was exquisite, too.

So I have to ask: "Why, oh why, was Sheherazade discontinued?"

Please bring it back!!
05th July, 2010
A soapy aldehydic slap in the face followed by a soothing fresh chypre accord (citrus, labdanum, moss--but none too noticeable individually) and a spicy carnation heart. The drydown is a powdery oriental vanilla. Quite invigorating, lovely, and unique!

Here's what The Perfumed Court has to say:

"Sheherazade Parfum by jean Desprez is a stunningly sultry fragrance classified as an aldehydic chypre that is impossible to find. Top notes ofAldehydic, Bergamont, and Rosewood Middle notes of Rose, Carnation, Jasmin, Ylang Ylang, Orris, and Cassia. Base notes of with notes of.... Vanilla, Sandalwood, Benzoin and Opoponax creating a powdery sweet sensation"
12th April, 2010

Add your review of Sheherazade

Shop for Sheherazade products online

Search Amazon for Sheherazade

Member images of Sheherazade

There are no member images of Sheherazade yet. Why not be the first?