Amour Amour (1925)

PackagingLouis Sue
Parent CompanyShaneel Enterprises Ltd > Designer Parfums
Parent Company at launchJean Patou

About Amour Amour

Amour Amour is a feminine perfume by Jean Patou. The scent was launched in 1925 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Henri Alméras. The bottle was designed by Louis Sue

Reviews of Amour Amour

Antique strawberries and cream floral with unctuous cherry liqueur base. Part of a trio of perfumes for different hair colours, Amour Amour was the one for blonds. Very nice and much more subtle on paper than my skin, but then I am a) male and b) grey.
****
04th June, 2015
I was given a bottle of this in the mid-70s. Heady stuff, full of violets. Surpassed in my book only by Joy itself.
09th September, 2012
Lovely, lovely stuff. A bright and impeccable floral -- think the sweetest violet and rose-- with a sultry base of jasmine that leaves a sexy smudge on the wrist. Impossibly precious. I shake my head when I smell it; it renders so many other (treasured and beloved) items in my wardrobe positively coarse by comparison. Just wish it lasted a little longer.
08th December, 2009
I bought a bottle of Amour Amour in 1989, before it had been discontinued, and I used the entire 50 ml bottle in a matter of weeks. I still have the empty bottle! The scent was indescribable. It reminded me of the kind of fragrance that a society woman would wear when holidaying on the QE2. It was distinctive and floral, but not sweet at all. I thought there were some violets in there, and possibly some vetiver. It did not remind me at all of JOY, which I had used throughout 1987 and 1988. I'd love for this fragrance to be re-introduced. It's pure class!
06th November, 2008
I have been testing this all day side by side with JOY (on skin, paper etc). Both are extrait or pure perfume form.

These two Patou's are so heavy with the highest quality perfume oils, they saturate a paper test strip, keep it wet all day, watch out around light weight fabrics.

Amour Amour is circa 1925. Color on the sample I have is still bright clear gold.

The scent is very rare now but happily for all, it has been resurrected or has a very close twin in Patou's JOY. I had to try both side by side and sniff around awhile because at first they seem almost identical.

Amour Amour is a very sweet jasmine dominated fragrance, with the same banana jamm notes many know and love from JOY.

However, Amour is slightly brighter, lighter. If I guessed, I would think Amour might be more modern than Joy. There is a soapy quality in amour. more so than Joy, and sweet lemon notes weave amoung the jasmine, which is high pitched throughout wearing and on paper, at least, well into the next day.

Amour Amour seems like champagne Bumble Bees would drink. But not heady or icky in any way, very high quality, true to living scent, almost foody in its jamminess and generally divine.

Well, in case anyone else happens to find any vintage Amour Amour around, it is definitly a lovely sniff, and you'd want/need to have this as long as you didn't already have JOY (perfume only, not EDT/EDP).
05th January, 2007

Add your review of Amour Amour

Shop for Amour Amour products online

Search Amazon for Amour Amour

Member images of Amour Amour

There are no member images of Amour Amour yet. Why not be the first?