Vacances (original) (1936)

HouseJean Patou
Parent CompanyShaneel Enterprises Ltd > Designer Parfums
Parent Company at launchJean Patou

About Vacances (original)

Vacances (original) is a feminine perfume by Jean Patou. The scent was launched in 1936

Reviews of Vacances (original)

I've just written a review for the new Collection Heritage version of Vacances, and I'm going to paste my review here, as it smells exactly the same as the original and Ma Collection versions:

Vacances is a beautiful, very natural smelling, and relatively simple fragrance (especially in comparison to most Patou perfumes), dominated by lilac, against a background of green notes; perfect for spring and summer.

There is very little more I can say about the fragrance itself (if you like lilac, you'll probably love Vacances). The Collection Heritage version of Vacances smells exactly like the original and Ma Collection versions.

(The perfume gets its name as it was created to celebrate the first paid national holidays in France in the 1930s).

06th October, 2016
Ma Collection review:
Opens with powdery hyacinth, lilac and mimosa. Then a touch green galbanum emerges which grounds the honeyed florals a bit. A perfect romantic perfume to celebrate spring. I really appreciate this even it is not my usual perfume style.
05th May, 2016
cacio Show all reviews
It opens with beautiful , refreshing, green flowers. Then, on my skin, it soon turns into a huge heliotropin cloud. No marzipan or almonds, just fluffy, floral heliotrope. Soft and comforting, and quite long lasting. If you are expecting a cocktail-filled vacation on the beach, this is nothing of the sort.

The fact that heliotropin has been declared sinful by IFRA makes me like this even more.

(this is for the 1980s reissue)
02nd February, 2015
This is one of the greatest perfumes -- EVER! If ever you wanted to go on vacation and don't have a sou to your name, buy whatever you can-- buy now -- it is discontinued. It is the greenest of greens. Freshly cut lawn with the lilacs growing behind. Sheer garden majesty! If ever I were on a deserted isle I would want this fragrance.I see it going for ridiculous prices on the net but believe me it is worth it!
03rd July, 2010

Add your review of Vacances (original)

Shop for Vacances (original) products online

Shop for Vacances (original) at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Vacances (original)

Member images of Vacances (original)

There are no member images of Vacances (original) yet. Why not be the first?