L'Heure Attendue (1946)

HouseJean Patou
Parent CompanyShaneel Enterprises Ltd > Designer Parfums
Parent Company at launchJean Patou

About L'Heure Attendue

L'Heure Attendue is a feminine perfume by Jean Patou. The scent was launched in 1946

Reviews of L'Heure Attendue

Interesting to see the notes listed. I see no orange flower (absolute) listed, but it smells rather like a straight-up variation on this theme to me. Lush/Gorilla Perfumes has an Orange Blossom that smells quite like this. Neither I find particularly enjoyable in their presentation. There is also a slight off-note in the opening, which is probably due to the vintage sample and lower concentration of the jus. This review is for the EdT!
01st August, 2011
I have a vintage sample, so can't know what has deteriorated. I wouldn't say this is old-school. It's oddly modern in the sense of Indian incense oil scent you might find. It opens with aldehydes (in my case pretty badly turned) and within moments a bouquet of florals. I guess lilac and ylang ylang, but maybe only because those notes have been suggested. And then I can detect the attempt at creamy woods, but it is in my case overshadowed by the base. Very much like Indian incense.
28th October, 2010
Absolutely gorgeous soft, slightly sweet, powdery, woody perfume! An absolute gem from Patou, so far my favorite of Ma Collection ... though I've only smelled about half of them. At this point, would make a much better masculine than feminine. And the soft sandalwood drydown is the best part.
19th June, 2008
Another gorgeous entry in the Ma Collection from the House of Patou, L'Heure Attendue is stunning, and, with all due respect to the reviewer below, I do not find it to smell dated at all. Released in 1946 to celebrate the liberation of Paris from Nazi occupation, L'Heure Attendue is a wearable, surprisingly modern spicy-woodsy oriental composition. There are shades of Almeras's Chaldee in the heart, and the beginning is almost a foreshadowing of Kerleo's later 1000 (Mille). L'Heure Attendue is a fairly sober fragrance. It opens with some creamy florals and then smoothly develops into a spicy-woodsy drydown that is as wearable today as it would have been 60 years ago. Notes are listed below so I will not repeat them. L'Heure Attendue strikes me as the Youth Dew or Opium of the '40s. If you ever have an opportunity, try this one. It deserves to be loved and savored by another generation, but sadly has been discontinued.
20th October, 2006
I had a bottle of L'Heure Attendue years ago and remember it as a "fizzy" woody oriental -- perhaps it had aldehydes that didn't agree with me. (Jan Moran's "Fabulous Fragrances lists the notes of this 1946 invention as [top] lily of the valley, geranium, lilac; [heart] ylang-ylang, jasmine, rose, opopanax; [base] mysore sandalwood, vanilla, patchouli.) But a knowledgeable salesperson told me that fragrance used to be worn lower on the body, so that the scent would waft up and the overall effect would be softer than if it were applied near the earlobes and throat (for example). This trick seems to work for scents that might otherwise be too aggressive. But although the notes themselves don't seem particularly odd, the combination/proportions may make L'Heure Attendue one of those vintage concoctions that shows its age.
03rd June, 2006

Add your review of L'Heure Attendue

Shop for L'Heure Attendue products online

Search Amazon for L'Heure Attendue

Member images of L'Heure Attendue

There are no member images of L'Heure Attendue yet. Why not be the first?