Enjoy (2003)
    by Jean Patou

Enjoy Fragrance Notes

Enjoy information

A spin-off from the classic, Joy, Enjoy is aimed at the youth market and features notes of rose and musk.

Shop for Enjoy products online

Reviews of Enjoy

Showing 1 to 6 of 17 reviews.

Bal a Versailles's avatar
    Bal a Versailles

Do you wear it well? In the end your body chemistry decides and if you wear it well you should charge through the hordes like Boudica, head high, trailing sillage. I may well buy this again as it is the most complimented perfume I have ever worn. I thought it was a bit young for me and I quailed. Tonight, in an Italian restaurant, a woman close to my age arrived in a thermonuclear cloud of, I think, Agent Provocateur. I think I will enjoy Enjoy and do my best to wear it well

27 April, 2013

Weimar27's avatar
    Weimar27

A soapish beging but in a few seconds
    dries to a scent of black current tart
    and suble sweet banana it's refreshed
    with cassia and orange to make it zesty
    and the pear makes it smooth. for me
    in perfumes i'v always have a hard time
    detecting eather the rose or the jasmine
    notes. the drydown is with the usual
    mix of amber and musk with an occasional
    vanilla.

09 October, 2010 (Last Edited: 12 December, 2010)

w3pearl's avatar
    w3pearl

too much patchouli...

08 April, 2010 (Last Edited: 26 January, 2011)

SirSlarty's avatar
    SirSlarty

A synthetic fruity floral mess. Too bright, astringent... rose and a cloying musk in the drydown makes Enjoy not so enjoyable. I really don't like it.

24 January, 2010

foetidus

Another fruity - floral: not my favorite category so that should be taken into consideration. Enjoy opens more fruity than floral and there’s a somewhat synthetic feel to the pear and citrus that take prominence for a short time. But a few minutes into the opening, the accord becomes more true… more natural: The accord evens out with the florals establishing more of a presence than they had in the very beginning. The movement into the heart level is smooth and seamless. The middle is a beautifully mixed floral with rose and jasmine presented in a soft but solid accord: By now the fruity elements of the opening are gone and I can enjoy Enjoy. It takes a long time to get to the base – this is a substantial fragrance and it claims its own with no problem. The base is beautiful, too: patchouli for wood combined with musk, vanilla, and amber for sweet and breadth of olfactory emanation.

I like the floral heart the best, but even that seems to be missing the special greatness of the usual run of Patou fragrances. Enjoy is a beautifully competent fragrance, but it doesn’t rise above competence. I expect more from Patou, but, compared to most fragrances of this sort, and considering my usual standards, I have to admit it probably deserves a thumbs up. Strong fragrance… strong sillage… lasts forever.

21st October, 2009

Luisetta's avatar
    Luisetta

I think this is a greatly underrated fragrance. I put it in the same fun, bright, confident and slightly vulgar category as Gucci's Rush. It's very fruity with tropical overtones but anchored by a welcome blast of dry earthy patchouli, which makes it an instant confidence booster suited to bare skin and hot weather. Enjoy is just short of loud on me and, surprisingly, given the alpha nature of its components (banana?), never cloys. it has excellent lasting power and a nice slightly smoky caramel drydown. I emptied a bottle a few summers ago and will probably buy another. (Joy fans be warned: apart from the name, there is no discernible relationship with that grande dame.)

02 August, 2009