Castelbajac (2001)

Year of Launch2001

HouseJean-Charles Castelbajac
Parent CompanyPacific

About Castelbajac

Castelbajac is a feminine perfume by Jean-Charles Castelbajac. The scent was launched in 2001

Reviews of Castelbajac

I like this scent because of the almond and some other constituent which smells to me like aniseed. The only problem is that the dry down is a little too sweet. Fantastic bottle!
20th May, 2009
the orange blossom and almond combination make me swoon. I sniff myself all day. It is so 'nostalgic' and comforting but very modern, IMO. Hard for the 'non nose' to identify, which makes it fun to wear.
23rd May, 2006
This immediately reminded me of 'Gaultier to the power of two'. It's also very sweet and warm. Castelbajac is a little more original than Gaultier. Although gaultier considers his scent as unisex, which i don't agree with. it's a warm comfort scent, very appropriate in winter times.
08th January, 2006
The opening notes were sweet yet warm & buttery. On dry down this smelled like original Bounce dryer sheets or clean soapy laundry. In my opinion, Castelbajac would be better suited for use as a linen spray or as an additive to iron water not worn on the body. On the plus side the bottle is cute.
03rd December, 2005
Killer bottle, killer scent - a sharp, so sharp opening blast that fades to clean, soft, powdery beauty. Castelbajac is interesting that way; all the seriously intense aspects of all the notes, from the orange blossom to the almond to the patchouli and sandalwood, come at you so powerfully upon application. The closest I can think of to what it's like is something from Prince Matchabelli that one of my grandmothers used to wear, something that blasted sharp sweetness to an extreme. But then, soon after, precisely these same notes become as fresh and soothing as a newly laundered chenille blanket, heavy on the fabric softener. Throughout all, a trace of Elmer's glue. (That's got to be from the almond as well.) I've read that Jean-Charles Castelbajac himself was seeking to recreate olfactory cues from his own childhood with this, and I definitely "get" the connections. This is nostalgia of sorts in a Pop Art package and is one of my favorite comfort scents because it's got an edge to it; it's a bit more challenging than something that's just plain old sweet. I would compare it most closely to Etro Heliotrope, which also develops into a clean scent on my skin, but would give Castelbajac a slightly higher rating as it's just a more complicated and interesting take on fragrance to me.
20th September, 2005

Add your review of Castelbajac

Shop for Castelbajac products online

Search Amazon for Castelbajac

Member images of Castelbajac

There are no member images of Castelbajac yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Castelbajac