Jil Sander No. 4 (1990)
    by Jil Sander

Reviews of Jil Sander No. 4

Showing 1 to 6 of 18 reviews.
    positive 16 Positive Reviewsneutral2 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

sophi's avatar
    sophi
    Greece Greece

It is so elegant ,warm and feminine!!This is a chypre-gourmand quality perfume!
    I have a bottle of this and i treasure...rose,plum,anise and galbanum..at top notes ,the opening is sweet floral and sharp ..warmness is deeper when its floral notes of heart strengthen up while myrrh and nutmeg start to unfold more sweetness and creaminess.. ..
    Basenotes of tonka bean ,coriander,vanilla ,oakmoss,sandal,civet ,patchouli give the scent an unusual and unique sillage and longevity..one of best!

29 April, 2011

Sugandaraja's avatar
    Sugandaraja

For the first few minutes Jil Sander No. 4 is something rather harsh and soapy on my skin, not quite the searing floral detergent of Caron's Narcisse Noir, but none the less something sharp and rather unpleasant.

In the heart, it is at its best. I smell orange flower, jasmine, and tuberose, rich and slightly fruity as in Serge Lutens Fleurs d'Oranger, but darker, muddier, and still retaining a slightly soapy edge.

The base is darkly floral with heavy and oriental texture distantly recalling Guerlain's Samsara.

There is depth and complexity here, but there's something ugly about this fragrance to my nose, and I can't seem to warm to it.

07 May, 2010

JessicaGrace's avatar
    JessicaGrace

The opening is my favorite part -- a vivid, fresh, green rose with a buzz of galbanum like the prick of thorns. The green and tweedy parts of the scent get swallowed up by the emerging lushness of rose, honey, and purple fruits. From here on out your enjoyment of it is most likely determined by your tolerance for damascones and sweetness. Maybe too sweet for me, but really nice.

09 April, 2010

danis's avatar
    danis
    Romania Romania

it's wonderful! I hope will never be discontinued!

26 September, 2009

's avatar

My mum wore this when I was a child and she still does from time to time so for me this is a comfort scent. A very nice floral with a warm drydown very pleasing to me.

29 August, 2009

hagertygal's avatar
    hagertygal

Ah.... I used to wear this years ago. I loved it. I so wanted to go back to it now, as I was recently on a mission to find a new signature fragrance. Sadly, it is quite expensive, and hard to find in the larger size. I refuse to buy 1.7 ounce bottles of any fragrance, when I can pay on average about ten dollars more to get the 3.4 ouncers. Ever place I searched on line, it was out of stock. I still hope that one day, I will find it available in the larger size, and then I can snatch up a few bottles of this. It is wonderfully refreshing. It is great for romantic wear, but also a great office scent, as it screams "POWER" with a "I'm in charge" sort of scent. This is a fragrance with confidence.

31st July, 2009