Jovan Woman (1977)

About Jovan Woman

Jovan Woman is a feminine perfume by Jovan. The scent was launched in 1977

Jovan Woman fragrance notes

Reviews of Jovan Woman

Definitely a chypre to my nose, neither a woody floral, nor an oriental.

This is spicy, warm, animalic, but with a fruity floral overlay that never lets it get too serious about its base notes.

Jovan succeeded brilliantly this time, one of their very best scent creations.

Top notes: Bergamot, Geranium
Heart notes: Rose, Jasmine, Ylang, Orris, Carnation
Base notes: Patchouli, Oakmoss, Vetiver, Musk

Beware the re-formulation. Look for it on Ebay in the vintage bottle - curved black top, glass straight on one side, curved in on the other.

Well worth seeking out - and so inexpensive.

21st August, 2014
Searching : Woman by Jovan

The title says it all. Its the perfume of all times but just not easy available. When you do find a site that does sell it, they dont ship it directly to South Africa.

Some reviews says "I found it at the local store" but neglect to mention the store name or to provide a link so that others sharing the same quality

The best is that some poplular sites such as Ebay and Amazon ships almost eveything to South Africa, note I said 'almost' ... but they dont ship that spesific perfume Woman by Jovan to South Africa

So, the question is, who cares that much to share that vital information of which stores does have it?

Pros: The best of all times
Cons: I Can't find the stores that are selling it and ship it to South Africa"

16th July, 2013
Yes, a woody floral. Nothing sweet or powdery here. Very affordable ($14.00!!!)Definitely feels like a 70's fragrance, which I happen to love. I'm careful not to overspray, and in fact I tend to spray around my legs and let the fragrance waft up as I walk, leaving a softly fragranced path. I wish I had discovered this one sooner.
18th May, 2012
If you want to get technical, Jovan Woman is an oriental (it's listed as such in my old H&R guide)...but the scent definitely has the spirit of chypre ALL over it, even if technically it does not fit into that most precisely defined of fragrance categories (i.e. chypre = bergamot + labdanum + oakmoss). This is a very unique scent and very pretty. Sometimes when I wear it I get an initial blast of vintage hairspray, but over the course of half an hour or so, it settles into a beguiling and distinctive warm, soapy, rosy/geranium-y, spicy/woody scent of woman. It is a complex and bewitching scent, sexy & womanly, and it smells unlike anything else out there. This drugstore beauty is one that I always have on hand.
13th January, 2011 (last edited: 26th June, 2014)
rickie Show all reviews
An Exotic blend of spices, orange flower, and ylang-ylang highlight this extraordinary bouquet. Exotic spices of nutmeg and coriander accent the sultry woody ambered base.
I really like this...but, something in rings a cheap ingredient. I don't know. Maybe its the nutmeg. What in the world does nutmeg smell like in a cologne? I am giving it a thumbs up because I am sure this could be a nice fragrance on the right person.
09th February, 2009
I wear this all the time. I receive lots of compliments when wearing it, about how good I smell. The price is very affordable too! It is becoming hard to find though. Love it.
15th September, 2005

Add your review of Jovan Woman

Shop for Jovan Woman products online

Shop for Jovan Woman at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Jovan Woman

Member images of Jovan Woman

There are no member images of Jovan Woman yet. Why not be the first?