Jungle L'Éléphant (1996)

SupplierCreations Aromatiques
PackagingJoel Desgrippes
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Jungle L'Éléphant

A distinctive spicy oriental fragrance. The first of Kenzo's Jungle range.

Jungle L'Éléphant fragrance notes

Reviews of Jungle L'Éléphant

Passing through airport today I liberally applied Jungle (Elephant - well it's the only Jungle now that Tigre has been discontinued - I've never tried that one). The spicy (but so unlike other spicy perfumes!) opening and middle kept me cheerful through the ever more tedious security checks and waiting around to board. On the 7 hour flight, I very much enjoyed its spicy (clove, cumin, caraway) and aniseed envelope insulating me from the world. I may have oversprayed a bit, but the woman beside me was having her own little affair with Jameson so I don't think I bothered anyone!

It's still going strong 12 hours later waiting for a connection, the spice is still there over some amber-patchouli when snifffed up close.

I really should get a bottle of this, but I think my fondness for it is magnified by our sporadic encounters in airport duty free shops... It's a fantastic brief encounter but I don't know about everyday wear.
19th July, 2017
I had been wanting to try this for ages. It was even on my wishlist, unsniffed. It just sounded like what I'd be into.

In 2009, I saw a tester at duty free at the airport. I was delighted to finally try and maybe buy it. Now, this may have been the problem - and the only reason I am giving a neutral instead of negative to one of the worst fragrance experiences of my life: In my enthusiasm, I may have used too much. I sprayed once on my wrist, and before thinking, 1-2 sprays my neck/cleavage area...

Oh my lord! Migraine-threat and nausea came at me fast! I seriously had never reacted to a perfume with such intensity. I left the store to wash off as much as I could, as I was literally about to be sick... I washed my wrist off with soap and water many many times, and even washed my neck/chest as much as I could. Although I did this within minutes of applying, I couldn't get the scent out of my skin. It had also settled into my clothes so I had to sit with this smell on me for a few hours (on the plane, then train, then bus home).

It was 1 am when I got home but I immediately went and showered, and washed everything I was wearing, including my scarf and jacket.

I know, it may be my fault for spraying it on without thinking... But it's not like I sprayed 5-10 times! I think the point of this review is, even if this seems like it will be your dream scent, don't buy this unsniffed! Try it. And if you do try it, spray once into the air near your wrist and catch some of the mist with your wrist type of thing. Very very light. At least start with that.

Of course it's possible that I simply do not like this perfume but I am trying to be fair and gave it a neutral since maybe 2-3 sprays was too much and the disaster was partly my fault. Maybe one day I will dare to try it again... Clearly it works for a lot of people. But for me, worst perfume experience of my life. :(
05th July, 2017
Ultimate. Olfactory. Perfection.
04th May, 2017
This was love at first sniff. I'm addicted!

The caraway, clove and cardamom create a really interesting spicy blend with noticeable cinnamon even though it isn't listed. This is one of the few fragrances I've tried where each note is very discernible and yet still in beautiful proportion and well blended. It's unique and stunning. This is one that I'm not sure I could ever be without now!

Longevity and projection are both excellent.
29th September, 2016
Clove; bright and SPICY. A little sweet, but there is a cinnamon bite to even it out.

This is unisex for me. On my skin it smells like a bunch of holiday potpourri, which sounds terrible but I like that sort of thing. In the air its sharp and all clove, with an animal depth to it, not unlike musk.

I would wear this every day, I enjoyed this in the bottle and right out of it.
24th July, 2016 (last edited: 23rd July, 2016)
Holy moly, clove and licorice just teamed together to smack me over the head with a baseball bat! I blind bought this thinking it would be the warm vanilla spice I was looking for. I really shouldn't have. Testing first would have been wise. I'm not saying this is a bad perfume whatsoever, but for me I have a questionable relationship with these particular two notes. I feel like a dummy for not paying attention to the note pyramid before buying. Well anyway obviously clove, licorice, and vanilla are the key players on my skin. My skin amps clove so much that it becomes unbearable, that's part of my problem. Plus I just do not like the smell of black licorice/anise. I also get the cardamom, the caraway, the hint of patchouli, and I sense the "cashmere" feel of a sort of furry fabric scent underneath it all. I get barely any hint of the florals or fruit. This perfume comes off as Christmas spices rubbed against a really expensive luxury fabric worn by an exotic mature woman. This is not a "safe" scent, so let's assume she might be wearing a dagger somewhere under that cashmere.
27th June, 2016

Add your review of Jungle L'Éléphant

Shop for Jungle L'Éléphant products online

Shop for Jungle L'Éléphant at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Jungle L'Éléphant

Member images of Jungle L'Éléphant

There are no member images of Jungle L'Éléphant yet. Why not be the first?