Krazy Krizia (1991)

PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyInvestindustrial > Morris
Parent Company at launchElf Aquitaine > Sanofi Beauté > Florbath

About Krazy Krizia

Krazy Krizia is a feminine perfume by Krizia. The scent was launched in 1991 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Dominique Ropion. The bottle was designed by Pierre Dinand

Reviews of Krazy Krizia

KRAZY – Krizia – 1991 – Amber fruity vanilla.

Bergamot, Mandarin, Rosewood, Peach, Cassis, Lemon
Jasmine, Muguet, Rose, Orris
Patchouli, Cedar, Vanilla, Benzoin, Tonka, Ambrein, Musk

An attempt to create a Shalimar/Emeraude oriental using a lighter touch than either of those two classics. This is pleasant, but not distinguished. There was no need to go down this well worn path and nothing innovative in its re-conception for the nineties.

Nice bottle design.

First edit: This has grown on me. Although not mentioned in its make-up, I now get a fruity floral effect - cocoanut tuberose - that is fun and enjoyable.
15th July, 2014 (last edited: 19th January, 2015)
I am with the reviewer that has no image or name, below...sadly. I want to enjoy any oriental..and anything complex and vanillish. I am sampling a mini of uncertain vintage. I suspect this kind of special effect perfume is a kind of time bridge from proper perfume composed in a classical style from the older era and modern one note special effect styled offerings. So this is a one note special effect embedded upon a complex "oriental" composition. The special effect demands all your attention but it's grounded and persistent in perfumeness as opposed to say laundry muskness or shampoo cleanness.
The special effect here is a uni-dimensional summer carnival apple-cinnamon pie. I rarely enjoy cinnamon in a scent and can't say the apple is winning me over either. I can't really appreciate any of the warm woodsy base others have described because this top note effect is so strident.
30th June, 2012
I experience Krazy as an Oriental relative of Obsession and Dior Addict in that it's got a lot of heft and vanilla in its base juxtaposed with some green notes. That said, I actually think it's more interesting and complex than either of those, and certainly more obscure. I was really happy to have it recommended to me, because I have too many associations with Obsession to actually wear it, though I wanted something in the same ballpark.
25th November, 2011
This is a very nice perfume which at first I thought wasn't right for me because it's quite strong to begin with. Personally I'm not into strong, heavy perfumes so I was quite doubtful I'd like this but after half an hour or so it starts to settle down on my skin. That's when it gets really nice! It becomes soft, creamy, warm and sexy and lasts forever. I get little whiffs of it when I move around which I love. The transformation is pretty amazing. So, now I really like it and am really happy to have it in my perfume collection.
17th February, 2011
Used to love this in the 90's. It had to be applied with the utmost caution though, or it would be way too strong.
16th December, 2010
Well, I gotta tell you as a Krizia and Ropion devotee, this is not a pleasant review for me to write.

Krazy is a heavily gingered, boozy dark, heady Oriental. Now, if you have read my other reviews you know I hate ginger, and usually I only sniff a ginger bomb ONE TIME. And promptly run over to some coffee beans (or the cat's ass, if it's closer) to refresh the palate.

But because I do love the creations of Ropion and because I love the house of Krizia almost as much as I love the house of Jil Sander, I decided to give it a full analysis.

Here it is:
Besides a very overpowering, sparkly, ginger ale note which makes this perfume thoroughly repugnant, the overall fragrance has fair structure. The best thing about it, is that it smells very similar to leathery 'Parfum de Peau', the contemporaneous 'cult classic' from hit or miss house of Montana. Like 'PdP'its a sexy, sweet, dark, brash, tobacco and smokes Oriental 'Come Hither'...
BUT it's not as good as 'PdP'! It doesn't even have the leather! AND it has a WEIRD chalky and vinegary quality both. It really does "cloy", too.
Gosh, too bad!

Not recommended. Get 'Parfum de Peau' instead. She is the more polished,poised, and seductive relative of lost, promiscuous, confused little 'Krazy Krizia'(I guess she really might have 'issues', hence the name.) 'PdP' has ginger, too, but I can appreciate the whole beast.
02nd November, 2009

Add your review of Krazy Krizia

Shop for Krazy Krizia products online

Search Amazon for Krazy Krizia

Member images of Krazy Krizia

There are no member images of Krazy Krizia yet. Why not be the first?

Related forum threads