Eau des Vanilliers (2004)
    by L'Occitane

Reviews of Eau des Vanilliers

Showing 1 to of 6 reviews.
    positive 6 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative No Negative Reviews

apexual's avatar
    apexual

Went to buy a second bottle of this last year and was super disappointed to find that it was being discontinued. I should have bought everything they had. I get a too-tingling floral burst for the first minutes, but the drydown is such a masterpiece on my skin I'd get a "You smell amazing!" every day I wore it. It's such a pure warm sophisticated vanilla with none of that sharp fakeness or teenybop candy sweetness, and wears so deliciously close to my skin for a day and a half. It's even sexier smelled on your skin the morning after you apply it. I can't believe this was discontinued in Canada. I conserve what little I have left and receive a sort of "welcome back" from my boyfriend on the days I wear it.

10th April, 2009

tvlampboy's avatar
    tvlampboy

Perfect for fans of the gourmand. A little out of character for L'Occitane, though, I must say.

The vanilla here is not entirely gourmand, mind you -- it's (to my nose, anyway) the sexy, floral vanilla mixed very nicely with the tasty variety.

I put it on my swap list because I, try as I might, just couldn't make it work on my skin -- unisex it wasn't. (Not that it was ever meant to be.) Give me my Shalimar edt and I'm in the vanilla place I need to be.

12 October, 2007

Chedwick's avatar
    Chedwick

A wonderful Vanilla for chilly or snowy days!
    If you love vanilla and you love toasted marshmallows, then you will love this luscious creamy scent. The toasted marshmallow note is not a burnt marshmallow, but one that is starting to carmelize. It smells creamier than just carmelized sugar. This adds a nice touch to the vanilla, giving it more depth. And it lasts. This would be a great gift for Valentine's day.

05 January, 2007

blondie1966's avatar
    blondie1966

If you enjoy "Vanilla" then you will adore this scent! It is a nice scent but to me when you first spritz it on, sometimes it can overtake you a bit! But, after awhile, it calms down to a very soft,sensual & warm fragrance. It is really lovely for fall/winter. And, I always get numerous compliments no matter what L'Occitane scent I wear! Just a fabulous line of fragrances!

10th December, 2006

inthefall's avatar
    inthefall

This is such a beautiful scent on me! My skin normally amps up jasmine in the worst way, but thankfully this completely works for me. It's a perfect sweet (but not sickly-sweet) and sort of creamy vanilla, with a touch of spice, and a lovely subtle floral. A perfect scent for anytime, but I think this will be excellent in the fall. It's a comforting scent, yet sexy at the same time.

11th October, 2006

helenann's avatar
    helenann

Purchased on one of those coming into spring and "have to buy a fragrance" days! Very affordable, light oriental, flowery. Sweet but subtle. My son has just come into the room as I spritzed for this review - "Whatever that is, it's great" he says!

27 July, 2006