KL (1982)
    by Lagerfeld

KL Fragrance Notes

Reviews of KL

Showing 1 to 6 of 14 reviews.
    positive 11 Positive Reviewsneutral3 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

MrMookie's avatar
    MrMookie

Oriental Spice cake

My mother wore this one in the early eighties, i remember this one was very sweet (like a syrup)

It always remindend me of a Spicemarket with occasional intoxicating sweet fruits.

Great fragrance of that era!

Later more.

Pros: Ultra oriental very addictive scent
    Cons:

03 September, 2013

colormechris's avatar
    colormechris

My Mom loved this one. She has great, almost intuitive tastes in fragrance. So I think it's a great loss that this one was discontinued. It was truly an excellent spicy floriental. Clearly inspired by Opium as were so many of the spicy perfumes of the 80's. I hate to admit it (because I adore Opium) but I think this one was just a little bit better than YSL's Opium. It was a touch smoother, a bit lighter, a little less somber and thus happier than Opium. But still just as complex and intriguing. It was warm and friendly yet still glam...like a saucy rich dame in a mink coat who wasn't above having a drink with the help.
    And that packaging! You could point to that and say: "This was the 80's".

30th December, 2012

DebbiePope54's avatar
    DebbiePope54

The original KL was my signature winter daytime scent in the early/mid 80's (Opium at night). It was intense, spicy & had slight orange smell to it. They made lots of goodies to go with it (dusting powder, shower jell, creme ect) that layered well together. Sadly they reformulated it to a watery version. The original came in a beautiful art deco style bottle. I miss it!

16 September, 2012 (Last Edited: 17 September, 2012)

umr's avatar
    umr

I loved this when it came out in 1982 and it's the only mandarin top-note scent I've ever smelt. I do miss it. I also loved the packaging - I remember having the dusting powder in the grey fan shaped box which was gorgeous and got re-used for storage when I finished the powder. This also makes me think of other lovely bath and body ranges there used to be but are no more. What happened to them? Guerlain and Dior I'm looking at you!

21st March, 2012

's avatar

The current bottle I purchased in 2009 seems to have undergone reformulation.
    Top-notes are still there, the interesting mandarine burst giving way to the spicier parts of the fragrance - but a lot seems to be missing from the 80's original. Smelling this fragrance today and wearing it, too, feels uncomfortable and having finished the bottle some minutes ago, I see no need to replace it. Nevertheless, KL still smells much better than many of the recent trendy releases marketed as "sexy" or "seductive" (take the latest "Guilty" by Gucci as an example".)

10th December, 2010

Shadya's avatar
    Shadya

Interesting as I read down the reviews of others, how many compare KL to Opium. I really love KL but the original KL. There has since been a change in the composition of KL that to me seems not as nice or long lasting. I love a spicy oriental perfume, but could never find anything remotely like the original KL. The newer version simply isnt the same. Opium is more harsher in fragrance to me, where as the original KL is very blended and balanced.

09 September, 2010