Lancetti Madame (1995)
    by Lancetti

Reviews of Lancetti Madame

Showing 1 to of 2 reviews.
    positive 1 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative 1 Negative Reviews

foetidus

Lancetti Madame is a quite simple rose, iris, and patchouli fragrance. It strikes me as being too direct and straightforward. Both the rose and patchouli are dulled down to the point where I find them not only flat, but a bit off – the rose note especially seems off. It’s quite linear, and I believe that it has good longevity – I’m not sure because I was so bored with it that I kept forgetting to pay attention to its progression. The ending sharpens the rose note a little.

I don’t care for this one at all.

28 August, 2009

glitteralex's avatar
    glitteralex

This is a reformulation of the first women’s fragrance from the Italian Haute Couture designer Pino Lancetti, launched in 1976 and simply called Lancetti. The original scent was dominated by Labdanum, an anise scented gum resin. MADAME LANCETTI is a polite and lovely rose based reformulation meant to appeal to the floral-fruity preferences of the 1990s. It was not enormously popular in the US, and thus was discontinued here and later worldwide. It is still occasionally available online for moderate prices.

Top Notes: Gardenia, Lily, Rose, Ylang-Ylang, & Freesia

Heart Notes: Peach, Mirabelle (plum), Rose, & Jasmine

Base Notes: Patchouli, Oak Moss, Iris, & Tonka

What I find so enchanting about this scent is the plastic rosy scent that arises after a light lemon balm (mint) sensation in the top. The middle presents some green notes that remind one of an idealized summer garden after a rainshower. The base is very discreet, and serves mainly to uphold the floral-fruity notes. Altogether, Madame seems fairly synthetic to me, but, nonetheless, delightful and yummy. It is everything a lighthearted Rose should be. Perfect for an early summer wedding, but go lightly as it is quite strong even in the EdT. It bears some similarity to l’eau by Laura Ashley and Trueste by Tiffany, both of 1995. I can understand why others may not find this scent impressive, but its sillage and pleasant character make it a warm weather favorite for me.

09 August, 2009