Climat (1967)
    by Lancôme

Average Rating: 4

Based on 66 ratings

Climat information

Climat is a women's fragrance by Lancôme. The scent was launched in 1967 and the bottle was designed by Serge Mansau

Shop for Climat products online

Reviews of Climat

Showing 1 to of 5 reviews.
    positive 4 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Ms Rochambeau's avatar

I had seen images of Climat on Ebay before and didn't know much about it, so I didn't want to risk it. However, A woman at a flea market was asking a fair price for what was left (1/3) of a vintage, 1/2 ounce parfum, a few months ago, so I snapped it up. I'm glad I did. Climat is one of those creamy, old-style chypres that seems to lie somewhere in between the beautiful and long discontinued Deneuve and YSL's "Y". While I am NOT a lover of aldehydes (love Chanel No, 5 though), I have to say that, to me, they don't seem to feature as prominently in Climat as others have mentioned. What does seem to dominate, in a good way, is oakmoss, which, strangely, is not mentioned in any of the previous reviews. It's definitely a floral, but I'm getting some real animalic/woody notes in the dry down. If you're a chypre lover/collector, you should definitely keep your eyes open for a VINTAGE bottle of Climat. Please don't buy newer versions of Climat expecting a real classic chypre because the IFRA will not allow them to make a chypre like this anymore.

04th April, 2013

Jean Patou Fan's avatar

I used to like Climat; though I haven't smelled it for a number of years, I can remember exactly what the Parfum version smelled like; therfore my review is for the vintage version: a clean aldehydic white floral, which I tended to wear for work during the warmer months.

I wouldn't have said Climat was the most disctinctive of fragrances, but it formal and elegant (easily the most elegant Lancome fragrance). I think the Parfum has been discontinued, which is a pity.

29th March, 2010

AnnS's avatar

Climat is a classically constructed aldehyde and white flowers fragrance. But it is also a warm aldehyde that acts more like a quiet skin scent (a little is better than a lot), that is more intimate and less formal or obvious. A small dab of this just melts into the skin and has an unusual warmth - some sort of summery, light hay like accord. At first I thought this would be hard to wear because it didn't really work with the image of a classic French aldehydes - all black dresses, red lip and pearls. That was the mistake. This is a jeans and white shirt fragrance perfect for comfortable, friendly occasions, like small wine and cheese picnics in the country. I think it fits more in the Estee Lauder American natural-sporty aesthetic than the Lancome French formal aesthetic. This may not blow people away, but I don't think it intends to do that. It has a warmth and fragrance like skin has a warmth and fragrance. I recommend testing this unusual and well blended fragrance before buying because it is not like standard white flowers fragrances. This could also be unisex on the right man.

25th March, 2009

scenteur7's avatar

When I recently tested the relaunched EDP as part of the Lancome La Collection series, I was taken with how much better it had smelled than when I had previously tested the regular edt years ago. The original was bitter, harsh and astringent, the current rich, layered, and wonderful. Yes, a strong aldehyde pervades the composition, but tempered by a rich grassy vetiver.

15th January, 2006

VintageVogue's avatar

To my nose, Climat is a fairly uneventful and unimpressive aldehyde. It seems to have been constructed without using much imagination. I smell it now and then on a lady at church; it’s okay on her, I suppose. I have a mini of Climat in my own fragrance collection; when I first applied the fragrance, it brought me back to when I was an adolescent and would receive for Christmas one of those fragrance collections from the Sears or JC Penney Christmas catalogs. Anyone else remember those from years back? Those catalogs would offer a collection of mini perfumes, and I don’t recall these collections being terribly expensive, either. They were fun, too. But anyway, Climat reminds me of a fairly nondescript aldehydic fragrance which was in one of those collections. This isn’t a terrible fragrance, but it’s not particularly enticing to me, either. There are better, less nose-grabbing aldhydes out there. Climat is missing something. It needs a little oomph, like when your food needs to be seasoned. . . . Pass the salt.

11th August, 2005

STARTING BID
    Climat by Lancome Perfume Women 2.5 oz Eau de Toilette Spray New In Box Sealed
    • Time Left: 14 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    CLIMAT * by Lancome 0.47 oz Parfum Women NEW , Hard to find, !!!!!
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 8 days
    CLIMAT LANCOME 2.5 FL oz / 75 ML Eau De Toilette Spray Sealed Box
    • Time Left: 24 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    CLIMAT By LANCOM Pure Parfum Splash 0.47 Oz / 14 ml RARE ITEM NEW IN BOX !!!
    • Time Left: 9 days
    • Time Left: 15 days
    CLIMAT by Lancome 2.5 oz ( 75 ml ) EDT Spray Women NEW IN BOX SEALED
    • Time Left: 6 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    CLIMAT By LANCOM Pure Parfum Splash 0.47 Oz / 14 ml RARE ITEM NEW IN BOX !!!
    • Listing Type: Auction with Buy it Now