Via Lanvin (1971)

Parent Company at launchSquibb > Lanvin-Charles of the Ritz

About Via Lanvin

Discontinued in 1984

Reviews of Via Lanvin

This is pleasant green floral, pungent at first and therefore interesting. A combination of violet and orris give it a powdery effect at the heart.

It quickly dries down to an amber/cedar where the cedar is too prominent for my comfort. Better if the amber had taken precedent.

Not bad, not great, just a nice, acceptable scent.

Top notes: Bergamot, Violet Lemon
Heart notes: Muguet, Jasmine, Orris, Carnation, Rose, Ylang, Narcissus
Base notes: Vetiver, Cedar, Sandalwood, Musk, Amber, Moss
15th August, 2014
I used to love Via Lanvin. It was my first ever fragrance. I was mortified when they discontinued it. I saw some in a small shop in Mexico in December 1986 but I didn't buy it for fear that it had gone off.

I'd like to know why this great fragrance was discontinued? From what I can remember it was the perfect blend of floral, spice, and vanilla. The bottle was fantastic, too!
20th May, 2009
This was my mother's perfume. I miss her and I miss the fragrance. Via was fresh and woody at the same time. The EDT was available in two different concentrations. I was told Via was created with the North-American woman in mind. I bought a bottle for my mother in Paris in September 1984 at the main Lanvin store and I was a little disappointed with the fragrance. Perhaps there was an American edition and a European edition of Via. Although it was not bad, the EDT I bought in Paris was much more sweet and powdery than the one I was used to. All in all, Via was a very original fragrance and I am so sorry it is no longer available while some nasty perfumes are still around.
11th March, 2009

Add your review of Via Lanvin

Shop for Via Lanvin products online

Search Amazon for Via Lanvin

Member images of Via Lanvin

There are no member images of Via Lanvin yet. Why not be the first?