Clair de Jour (1983)
    by Lanvin

Reviews of Clair de Jour

Showing 1 to of 4 reviews.
    positive 3 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

distortech's avatar
    distortech

Green (but not too green) aldehydes and black locust....did I mention black locust???? Oh yes indeed, one of my favourite flowers of spring!!! It reminds me of the most wonderful spring day with the scent of newly opened magnolia and black locust blossoms heavy in the breeze of the fresh spring air. In other words, HEAVEN for this guy!! The mids continue this, but it grows even more floral, but not overly done, just a little sweeter - which is PERFECT. Then the drydown...very nice use of an understated, but certainly discernible civet (another one of my favourites)!!!! Longevity is excellent, especially when sprayed on fabric along with the pulse points. Bliss, I tell you.

The final line: I can not recommend this beauty highly enough.

27 December, 2013

promqueen's avatar
    promqueen

This is a nice warm weather fragrance..fresh and floral without being cloying

28 August, 2012

Brielle87's avatar
    Brielle87
    France France

This is one of my "go-to" summer scents. It is sweet, it is white flower floral, it is sedate and calming. It truly is the essence of a summer day.
    It opens up with a crisp floral bouquet, which slowly starts to sweeten and become creamy, it then spends the rest of its journey resting in the background with a cool fresh feeling which lifts the spirits and senses. I find it to be a very long lasting scent, but then again fragrance clings to me, so I am rather lucky in that respect.
    A wonderful 80's modern classic

23 July, 2009

Femme's avatar
    Femme
    Slovenia Slovenia

Fresh and sweet, very airy, with an "aquatic" whiff, rather unusual for the early 1980s.
    All in all... it's nothing much, I am afraid.
    And the EDT is extraordinarily short-lived.

05 December, 2006