Clair de Jour (1983)

PackagingJoel Desgrippes
Parent CompanyInter Parfums
Parent Company at launchMuelhens > Scannon

About Clair de Jour

Clair de Jour is a feminine perfume by Lanvin. The scent was launched in 1983 and the bottle was designed by Joel Desgrippes

Reviews of Clair de Jour

Green (but not too green) aldehydes and black locust....did I mention black locust???? Oh yes indeed, one of my favourite flowers of spring!!! It reminds me of the most wonderful spring day with the scent of newly opened magnolia and black locust blossoms heavy in the breeze of the fresh spring air. In other words, HEAVEN for this guy!! The mids continue this, but it grows even more floral, but not overly done, just a little sweeter - which is PERFECT. Then the drydown...very nice use of an understated, but certainly discernible civet (another one of my favourites)!!!! Longevity is excellent, especially when sprayed on fabric along with the pulse points. Bliss, I tell you.

The final line: I can not recommend this beauty highly enough.
27th December, 2013
This is a nice warm weather fragrance..fresh and floral without being cloying
28th August, 2012
This is one of my "go-to" summer scents. It is sweet, it is white flower floral, it is sedate and calming. It truly is the essence of a summer day.
It opens up with a crisp floral bouquet, which slowly starts to sweeten and become creamy, it then spends the rest of its journey resting in the background with a cool fresh feeling which lifts the spirits and senses. I find it to be a very long lasting scent, but then again fragrance clings to me, so I am rather lucky in that respect.
A wonderful 80's modern classic
23rd July, 2009

Fresh and sweet, very airy, with an "aquatic" whiff, rather unusual for the early 1980s.
All in all... it's nothing much, I am afraid.
And the EDT is extraordinarily short-lived.

05th December, 2006

Add your review of Clair de Jour

Shop for Clair de Jour products online

Search Amazon for Clair de Jour

Member images of Clair de Jour

There are no member images of Clair de Jour yet. Why not be the first?