Dilys (1991)

About Dilys

Dilys is a feminine perfume by Laura Ashley. The scent was launched in 1991

Dilys fragrance notes

Reviews of Dilys

I I have been waiting a very long time to try this scent. I have sold plenty of it, but never dared to open a bottle....Finally, I scored a Parfum and decided I had to try it..

Dilys greets me with a balanced composition-there is green, spice, and floral all at once. Also a resinous note-maybe galbanum? The peach and coriander dance across the rosewood-it is truly beautiful. After a few minutes appears brilliant gardenia-a real gardenia, not one of the new (albeit good) synthesized "tuberose gardenias". Like a parfum should, it wears very close to the skin. The peach is identifiable but not overwhelming (Amarige). Sadly the first 5 minutes is the highlight of this perfume. Quickly, it gives way to a traditional soapy floral heart, rather cheap in nature, and of no particular interest. As for the base, it's very weak, nondescript, musk.

b.n. On paper, the "gardenia" dominates throughout. Unfortunately, my arm is not paper.
24th September, 2009
Aiona Show all reviews
My mother bought this for me when I was in college, and I swear, it smells like someone's breath after they've had a dozen beers. Fruity, ketone-y, hypoglycemic-y. Very fitting for a college student. I wear it sometimes, just because I loved the the bottle it comes in.
03rd September, 2006

Add your review of Dilys

Shop for Dilys products online

Search Amazon for Dilys

Member images of Dilys

There are no member images of Dilys yet. Why not be the first?