Amir (2000)

Year of Launch2000

HouseLaura Tonatto
PerfumerLaura Tonatto

About Amir

Amir is a feminine perfume by Laura Tonatto. The scent was launched in 2000 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Laura Tonatto

Reviews of Amir

It's the "cosmetics" corner at an Indian convenience store. That mixture of incense sticks, sandalwood soap and hair oil all penetrating through their flimsy packaging. Very strong, soapy, sweet, ambery and - cheap. I personally love this store smell, perhaps as it's a childhood memory of exotic otherness, but as a perfume for the body it's rather extreme, except if you're dressing up as a joss stick for a costume party. I say this as someone who likes and wears Serge Noir, which is equally clichéd, but far classier :D.
27th March, 2012 (last edited: 16th May, 2012)
Amir totally smells like very cheap incense sticks from india. Intoxicating (in a very bad way)!
06th March, 2011
I find Amir to be a very pleasant incensey amber, a touch of smoke at the beginning leading to a round, opoponax-laden amber. It's not very complex, but it's very wearable, and has good longevity despite its weak sillage.

I'd wear it if I owned a bottle, but I'm not racing out to buy it.
07th September, 2009
Initially, Amir smells to my nose exactly like the opening of Tabu (vintage cologne). It is a bit dusty/musty - probably some incense notes in the mix - leading into a gorgeous amber. In short order Amirs' evolution veers away from Tabu completely, and really gets completely lost in rich golden amber. Just when I think the amber is going to maintain, I must take another whiff. It actually subsides and gives way to a minty sort of note...which I don't love, but it's not off-putting. At this stage of the game my feeling for this juice is that it would make a fabulous masculine. I ended up spritzing some Ambre Extreme over it - to revive the amber note, which worked out just fine. I will give Amir a thumbs up, but will not purchase a full bottle, because of the minty ending.
01st March, 2009
A burst of bitter herbal sweetness in the top notes, then extremely sweet, high pitched oriental notes. Nothing particularly bad about the notes, but it's painfully sweet and unoriginal. I might t be intrigued by this if I found it for less than ten dollars as a fragrance oil at some little hippy shop, but this is priced and packaged as a boutique fragrance and I don't feel it's worth the trouble or the price.
11th October, 2006

Add your review of Amir

Shop for Amir products online

Search Amazon for Amir

Member images of Amir

There are no member images of Amir yet. Why not be the first?