Jasmin (1940)

HouseLe Galion

About Jasmin

Jasmin is a feminine perfume by Le Galion. The scent was launched in 1940

Reviews of Jasmin

Jasmine is my favorite floral scent. I have over the years experienced many creations centering on jasmine or indeed making it the sole fragrance in the scent composition.

The great soliflore jasmines are few and far between. Le Galion’s is certainly one of them. Others I have loved are: Lutens’ A La Nuit (a very concentrated green jasmine); Ciro’s Doux Jasmin (a very heady sweet jasmine) and D’Albret’s Casaque (a powerful and sensual rendering).

Le Galion’s is pure, strong and single minded. There is to this one a base with the smallest amount of sandalwood and tonka to ground it. There is also a pleasant vibe similar to nail polish in a good way. This seems to hold the greenness at bay. It’s there, just hidden enough to make its presence known, but never entering and holding forth.

Very worth seeking out for true jasmine lovers.
19th July, 2017
Wowza. It's truly beautiful. I put it ahead of high grade jasmine attar. I can believe it was made from fields that have now been destroyed. That's the sense you get from applying this vintage solifore scent... something beautiful that time has taken away. But it's not nostalgia hard to relate to time, it's vivid and alive that can no longer be in our current world.
11th March, 2012
An amazing jasmine, Le Galion Jasmin is as deep and rich as Coty Jasmin de Corse, but more bright , white and indolic and joyful in the basenotes. A pure jasmine of the 30's. Today, there is only Lutens A la nuit, that can be compared to this one in terms of strengh.
03rd July, 2010
I wore this fragrance in the early 70's and then it disappeared. I was told the jasmine fields had been destroyed during Middle East fighting. I have never found a comparable scent - it was gorgeous. More men remarked on this fragrance then anything else I have ever worn. I just purchased a vintage 1/3 oz bottle from Aunt Judy's Attic but it had "turned" - still fragrant but not the same. I am constantly looking for a replacement but haven't found one in 30+ years.
15th April, 2009
THE real jasmin. Lovely. An aunt gave me a miniature bottle when I was 15. I wore it as if there would be plenty of it to be bought, and then it was gone forever. At high school a friend used to bring me jasmin flowers now and then, and I put them inside a bun in my hair, so that their smell would last all day long. Just like Le Galion's Jasmin. Never had a better perfume. Maybe it was my being fifteen, but I doubt. I still look for jasmin scents. Last I bought was Voile de Jasmin de Bulgari. Nice, but not jasmin enough for my taste. Would someone tell me where to find a truly jasmin still in production?
19th January, 2008

Add your review of Jasmin

Shop for Jasmin products online

Search Amazon for Jasmin

Member images of Jasmin

There are no member images of Jasmin yet. Why not be the first?