Le Miracle (1924)

PackagingGeorges Dumoulin
Parent CompanyAVI > Indigo Cosmetics
Parent Company at launchBritish-American Cosmetics

About Le Miracle

Le Miracle is a feminine perfume by Lenthéric. The scent was launched in 1924 and the bottle was designed by Georges Dumoulin

Reviews of Le Miracle

A vintage bottle of the cologne strength of this scent reveals something akin to a very light take on the classic men's Bay Rhum formulas: my nose experiences bay, clove, lavender and cedar, all subdued to a light jasmine soliflore effect.

I am surprised to find it to be a woman's scent. Considering it was one of the company's most successful scents (it's original bottle is absolutely gorgeous and a collector's item!), it must have appealed in its day.

Perhaps the cleverness of taking a bay rhum base and lightening it considerably to see if it would appeal to women and finding it did put a feaher in the company's cap.

Nothing to go out of your way for, sort of an Emperor's New Clothes experience for me, expecting a fab vintage formula. Nice, though.
05th November, 2015
After much googling, there is still little to find about Miracle by Lentheric and what there is all at http://thevintageperfumevault.blogspot.com/2010/05/one-more-for-road-lentheric-miracle.html . Do a search there and you'll find it has been written about 3 or 4 times. Which is funny considering that noone else mentions it! I'm so glad to find the notes she dug up (without saying where): white orris root, cedar and lavender. OK, I can go with that. But there is also something sweetly white floral and that is what keeps it much more feminine than Tweed. The combination is head spinning, so unique that it is hard to type for all the wrist sniffing. To me this is only vintage in that they don't make them like this anymore. It does have that cologne brightness even though I have the au parfum version. It took me a bit to appreciate Tweed, this is one that I don't have to think about to love. But it is very evident they are from the same house. Compared to others of that time, they are just more fresh and playful, rather tomboyish. This is not elegant lady, this is Nancy Drew!
10th July, 2012

Add your review of Le Miracle

Shop for Le Miracle products online

Member images of Le Miracle

There are no member images of Le Miracle yet. Why not be the first?