Liz Claiborne (1986)

HouseLiz Claiborne
Parent CompanyElizabeth Arden Inc
Parent Company at launchAvon

About Liz Claiborne

Liz Claiborne is a feminine perfume by Liz Claiborne. The scent was launched in 1986

Reviews of Liz Claiborne

We all bought this in the 80s (I think mine was yellow) to go with our plastic Liz Claiborne purses, huge hair, and shaker sweaters. It was a clean and bright fragrance, but I could catch a bit of toothpaste in it. Does anybody out there know what the notes were? I wore it even though I didn't like it, but I gave it a neutral due to the nostalgia.
04th September, 2012
I just found a big bottle of the cologne version of this at an outlet store. I had forgotten about it, but now that the bright colors and flat shoes of the 80's have returned, so has this fragrance! This fragrance evokes every girl who ever got a tan in the summer and switched to super pale lipstick to show it off, it is the big hair of fragrances, the one everyone had to have sitting prominently on their dresser, the only question was which color was your flacon? I personally had red, and I intend to have another one just like it because the cologne is too watered, this scent is meant to be bold, only the parfum version will do, and it is the scent to wear during hot lovely summers by the pool!
15th April, 2012
Liz Claiborne's signature fragrance is from an era when fruity florals were lush and juicy - not the watery, peppery, pink, modern kind. Despite LC's former popularity, I'd been quite oblivious to its existence until my recent 'tour' of classic fragrances from the past (via blind purchase of minis and partial bottles online).

Another reviewer compared LC to the original Lauren, and I agree that they are both lush, sweet, green florals with a dash of ripe fruit (in LC's case, peach and citrus*). But where Lauren has a clean, almost shampoo-like quality to its freshness, LC's freshly cut flowers bring with them a waft of planty funk (perhaps due the marigold, ylang-ylang, jasmine and/or narcissus* notes?).

I like this kind of scent, but don't rate LC a favourite from the genre. I'm giving it a thumbs up, however if I could control the position of the thumb it would be pointing to 10 o'clock.

* notes as per Fragrantica
05th August, 2011
I whould descibe this as Flowers and Grease it was to sweet and Oily but i love the falcon shape triangles are my favotite
Shapes but i hate the scent
14th December, 2010
Ah, this reminds me of high school! Good times:) I still wear this retro scent once in a while. It smells delish right from the first spray! Mellows into a lovely, fresh floral. Last all day. My daughter loves it also. Wears well on most ages IMHO. This is a good pick-me-up scent, makes me very happy:-) Also smells good sprayed into your purse lining.
26th May, 2007
I used to wear Liz Clairborne in the 80's. I had received a gift set that had a mini of the parfum with it, and that was very nice parfum - fruity, almost chypre'ish, and quite delicious. I'm not sure what happened to my old bottle of edt (it was the red triangle). It was a very pleasant fruity-floral scent. I don't like the newer Liz Clairborne scents. Just this one.
14th October, 2006

Add your review of Liz Claiborne

Shop for Liz Claiborne products online

Shop for Liz Claiborne at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Liz Claiborne

Member images of Liz Claiborne

There are no member images of Liz Claiborne yet. Why not be the first?