Lolita Lempicka (1997)

Average Rating: 4

Based on 529 ratings

Lolita Lempicka Fragrance Notes

Lolita Lempicka information

Lolita Lempicka is a women's fragrance by Lolita Lempicka. The scent was launched in 1997 and the bottle was designed by Alain de Mourgues

Shop for Lolita Lempicka products online

Reviews of Lolita Lempicka

Showing 1 to 6 of 100 reviews.

SMF0913's avatar

I got this perfume about 3 months ago without having smelled it. Whoa! Perfume with a vanilla base (yuk) that I had not smelled and I am now spraying this concoction on me. It took me about a week of trying it but I genuinely like it. The vanilla is buried under the other notes and is not noticeable to my nose at all. I think it is very unique and actually quite a beautiful dry down. If I could change anything I would make it slightly less sweet. But it is far better than most of the department store brands many of which dry down to the same old thing no matter the brand or the cost. LL distinguishes itself in that way. Nothing else smells like it to me. Not many brands I can say that about right now.

04 July, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Woody Oriental

The soft anise accord that opens Lolita Lempicka is at once less cloyingly sweet and better balanced than that of its masculine counterpart, as good an argument as any for the motto “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” The scent moves on in a spicy-sweet, woody oriental direction that I find just too dry to qualify as truly “gourmand.” (This is a good thing, mind you.) Part of the appeal in this central accord is an almost peppery kick that emerges from the juxtaposed anise and woods.

While much is made of Lolita Lempicka’s being a gloss on the original Angel, I don’t feel it has the same gaudy, overbearing, and borderline-crass character. Not that Lolita Lempicka is subtle, but it doesn’t hit me like a freight train, as Angel often does. What accounts for the difference, I suspect, is the absence in Lolita Lempicka of Angel’s stupendously lewd, rank patchouli note. The comparatively civilized blend of woods that Lolita Lempicka offers in its place makes for a much more comfortable, if perhaps less startlingly original, scent. By comparison, Lolita Lempicka is also more spicy and less sweet than Angel, which goes a long way toward making it convincing as a unisex scent. I would certainly much sooner wear this than the crude, bombastic boys’ version. The peculiarly nutty vetiver, vanilla, and soft wood drydown is likewise superior to the slobbering, gap toothed woody amber mess that closes out Lolita Lempicka au Masculin.

19 June, 2014

Trurl's avatar

I am very pleased with the scent, at some point it reminds me in a strange way of Rochas' "Alchimie".

The bottle is strange, I don't quite get the point here. Is it designed for Mac fans? For Snow White? For the wicked queen? I think I have seen it 1000 times before and I never tried it, only because of the apple shaped bottle. Why is it an apple??

30th April, 2014

2nosedtwin's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

If people dont reckon this to be a the top rank of modern perfumery, at least they should tribute it with endless respect...

Where to begin?

Its like a fluffy cloud of cotton-candy which imbodies all the smells of an old candystore. Its flooding in this fresh air, having fun drifting on the wind. Its salty-anisic opening thats the main theme, remains presents till the end of the dry-out, passing, meeting and melting with a lot of different tones of scent, that behave in a shrizofrenic kind of way. Is it winegum or banana-sweets? Bitter almond or sweet marzepein? Salty vetiver or salty patchouli? Crumbled chocolate or grinded coffee? Is it elmo's glue or petrolic cedarwood? Cool metal or unripe rose? I even smell that sticky caramelic mouthfeel while eating a cotton-candy, its a very physical smell...or it could be the undertone of a lavender-oil...

This mysterious way of behaving gives it great charme and humor. Different than Angel, that mainly focused on the chocolate and edible kind of a brushed clean sweety patchouli, Menardo takes the brilliant angle of the contra-junction and integration of the salty anisic-note against the chocolate-praline-gourmand accord. This way the perfume stays fresh and breezy, almost like there is hedione and calone in its innerwork. It surely has a really light and airy feel to it.

All this makes this perfume unquestionably relevant and unique. In my humble opinion the most original perfume of the last 20 years. Maybe overshadowed and inspired by Angel but definitely in a league of its own. Time after time, its always a surprise to smell this one and it always manages to put a smile on my face.

23 April, 2014 (Last Edited: 04 May, 2014)

Bal a Versailles's avatar

Aniseed Balls

They take the seed of the rapeseed plant and coat it layer by layer in aniseed flavoured candy, finishing with a dark brown coating of gobstopper lustre. This was one of the most common sweets of my childhood and probably explains why I associate the herbal influence of LL with the seed and the sweetness of the concoction with layers of aniseed balls.

Cadbury's Milk Chocolate is wrapped in a glossy overwrap of thickly coated 'Cadbury's' Purple (Pantone 2685C) over a tightly stretched foil layer. There's a fragrance when the packet is opened that is only vaguely chocolate because it's heavily masked by the covering, the indigo smell of purple and the zinc of the foil. This is the second element of LL to my nose.

I don't know if I consider Lolita Lempicka a fragrance because sometimes I smell Christmas Ham.

The bottle could indeed double as a Christmas tree decoration and if it was musical it would sing 'When you wish upon a Star'

Gourmand anyone?

Pros: Easily unisex, quirky, Clever
    Cons: Unwanted Christmas Gift?"

25 August, 2013

gmstrack's avatar

Recently, I acquired an adorable Lolita Lempicka mini. Having read many fantastic reviews, I was looking forward to the fragrance. It turns out that LL is quite enjoyable; however, I must admit I’d rather wear Angel. In fact, I’d rather wear several other girly foody fragrances, for example, L by Lolita Lempicka. In this case, it is best to overlook one’s personal taste and judge the fragrance objectively. Basically, it’s a delicious, spicy dessert, and after 16 years, LL still holds its own against all of the “very berry cupcake” designer fragrances.

12 February, 2013

HIGHEST BID
    LOLITA LEMPICKA * Perfume for Women * 3.3 / 3.4 oz edp * BRAND NEW TESTER
    • Time Left: 14 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    LOLITA LEMPICKA EAU DE MINUIT MIDNIGHT Perfume women 3.3 / 3.4 oz EDP NEW in BOX
    • Time Left: 14 days