Bakir (1978)
by Long Lost Perfume (originally by Germaine Monteil)

Bakir information

Year of Launch1978

HouseLong Lost Perfume
Originally byGermaine Monteil
Parent CompanyIrma Shorell

About Bakir

Bakir is a feminine perfume by Long Lost Perfume. The scent was launched in 1978

Bakir fragrance notes

Reviews of Bakir

This is a review for the original Monteil version.

I had purchased the exquisite bottle it came in and loved the resinous remnants at the bottom, so waited until I could afford to buy a bottle on Ebay. One finally came around and I bought it - 1/2 ounce of pure parfum unopened.

I am quite disappointed as the real thing bears no resemblance to the resinous oriental promise its remnants made. This is a fresh green minty scent that is perfectly pleasant, but in no way special to my nose.
27th February, 2014
I have the Monteil version that predates this. I purchased blind out of curiosity as I enjoyed Ava Luxe's Bakir very much. This is rich and complex. For a brief few moments a hologram of hyacinth and nicotine hover in the air. Then a classier, and more classic rose-carnation-amber roll out. There are nice big waves a floral spiciness. It's fine, it's nice. It's not exactly my thing as I often require that perfume kick me in the butt with some depth or wildness. I may prefer the Ava version if my memory serves. Still nothing wrong with this..quality seems to be there. A 3.5/5 from me?

11th April, 2013
Originally produced by Germaine Montiel, Irma Shorall's reissue of this fine scent is a laudable reincarnation. I find the Shorell reissue to be fresher and last longer in a balanced way than my old hoarded stock bottle of this nifty elixer.

The galbanum here stands out in a way fans of Lancome's Magie Noire will appreciate. The oakmoss supports in a way which cannot be denied. If you are into assertive dark-resinous-incensious odors that last and boost your spirits throughout the day (or night), this is a strong possibility deserving of your consideration. A classy and definately alpha-woman scent (although I could see the right man pulling this off). Finally, a resurrection of a heritage fragrance not overdone in choking florals!
09th January, 2012
I adore this fragrance, and use it as my signature scent. I first found it probably in 1974 in some local department store in VA -- fell in love immediately, and then lost it, figuring it was gone forever. I was SO pleased to find that had resurrected it, notwithstanding the label was not the same -- and have been wearing it again ever since ? 2003 or so.
18th August, 2011
A weird, outstandingly "brutal" scent. I find it utterly unpleasant. There's some pungent, awful note in it which bites my nose. Could imagine this on a man, but would not want to smell it on a woman, because it is coarse and the drydown reminds me of cod-liver oil. Vile!
21st September, 2010 (last edited: 08th October, 2010)
I wasn't too thrilled about this the first time I tried it, because I was still in my aldehydophobic phase. That phase has thankfully ended and I'm now enjoying many vintage perfumes. Bakir from Irma Shorell (Long Lost Perfumes) is one of my favorites. It's a spicy oriental with a lovely, warm drydown. Reminds me a lot of Noir Epices, actually. Simply gorgeous, especially for autumn evenings.
02nd August, 2010

Add your review of Bakir

Shop for Bakir products online

Search Amazon for Bakir

Member images of Bakir

There are no member images of Bakir yet. Why not be the first?