Casaque (1957)
by Long Lost Perfume (originally by Jean D'Albret)

Casaque information

Year of Launch1957

HouseLong Lost Perfume
Originally byJean D'Albret
Parent CompanyIrma Shorell

About Casaque

Casaque is a feminine perfume by Long Lost Perfume. The scent was launched in 1957

Casaque fragrance notes

Reviews of Casaque

D'Albret seems to have created only four scents. There is the classic chypre, Ecucsson, based on a formula from the 16th century. Their Princesse is based on the rarely used floral note of wisteria. Their Lavande is the same as their men's scent, Messire, and a straightforward lavender.

Casaque is a beautiful white floral, mixing tuberose and jasmine in an exquisitely round bouquet. It is sweet, but not cloying or heady. One of the finest white florals I've ever experienced. I own a bottle of the pure parfum. It's still available in many incarnations on Ebay, but can be a bit pricey.

Still, it is worth an investment if you love either of the two florals mentioned or white floral mixes in general.
17th November, 2014
I'm reviewing the Long Lost Perfume version. This is a lush, big and bold white floral. It's very retro, and a lot of fun in the summertime.
02nd August, 2010
I'm lucky to be sampling the original vintage Casaque, by Jean d'Allret ~ it is truly a floral delight! The character of Casaque is along the lines of A La Nuit. Not that they smell the same, but they share a starkly fresh and clean personality! Bold yet delicate, this stunning floral has me in a trance, it's one of those frags that keeps you snorfling throughout it's lifespan. Comes off a little soapy, but in a polite manner. If I ever have the opportunity to snag a bottle of this out of production gem, I'll snap it up faster than you can imagine!
13th May, 2009
kewart Show all reviews
This was originally by Jean d'Albret, and was the first perfume I fell in love with, when I spent a year in france as an Assistante. I remembered it as very feminine and floral with an aura about it that made me feel special. Long lost perfumes has almost captured the original scent, but the magic wasn't there for me and the bottles they use are boring! Still a lovely, flowery scent, but not like the first time for me.
22nd March, 2006 (last edited: 08th April, 2008)

Add your review of Casaque