Uninhibited (1989)
    by Long Lost Perfume (orig. by Cher)

Average Rating: 4

Based on 20 ratings

Uninhibited Fragrance Notes

Uninhibited information

Launched in 1989 by Stern Fragrances (at that point, a division of Avon Cosmetics), it was released again in the late nineties under the Long Lost Perfume brand. (LLP specialize in digging up old, much-loved scents and recreating them)
    The scent was inspired by two fragrances that Cher wore together: Charles of the Ritz and Vanilla by Jean Laporte.
    Today, the original Cher/Stern Fragrance version can fetch hundreds of dollars on eBay -- will the same thing be happening in fifteen year with Arden's curiousBritneySpears? Only time can tell...

Reviews of Uninhibited

Showing 1 to of 4 reviews.

mpbrown's avatar

I found a vintage bottle of Uninhibited in an antiques mall and had to try it. The juice was dark brown and it took a while to get the sprayer to work and when finally it did I was totally blown away! The first whiff was brutal, it smelled like port wine that had gone off, then wait...... the boozy sourness went away and all I could smell was burning raisins and I laughed wondering where the nearest rest room was..... but then there came some tobacco and maybe something floral???...... and then suddenly the whole thing melded into this glorious, warm, deep, rich, incensey, vanillic, dried fruit thing that had me putting my arm up to my nose for the rest of the afternoon. It had quite the sillage, and it was funny because it did remind me of Cher. I will be going back to that antiques mall to purchase that bottle - hope it's still there!

19 April, 2013

Mandella's avatar

I was given a .8 oz bottle from a friend who owns a perfume store.She found it under a shelf when she was rearranging her store.It smells divine!The opening is soft and raspy and the quality ingredients really shine through!The vanilla and fruits mixed with the aldehydic opening are stunning, with creamy sandalwood in the drydown.Longevity and sillage are A+.They don't make fragrances like this anymore.

18 December, 2011 (Last Edited: 20th February, 2012)

teardrop's avatar

England England

l tried this when it was first launched. l wanted to love it, because the bottle was gorgeous with a jewelled crescent-moon lid, & l was a fan of Cher, being a bit of a rock chick myself. However it was a big disappointment; harsh, chemical, brutal & nasty. The only thing l've smelled that was that bad was the awful Coleen. Discontinued for a very good reason, this was terrible stuff. lf people are paying hundreds of dollars for this, they're obviously bottle collectors; surely they've never smelled it!

21st February, 2011

BlueDevilSF's avatar

The original Uninhibited was my first try at wearing a "women's" fragrance. I think it's equally suitable for either gender. I remain surprised and dismayed that it was discontinued.

I don't find it strongly floral, and it's definitely one for the vanilla lovers. The added element of heliptrope enhances and strengthens the vanilla note.

I'm sorry to say, though, that the Long Lost Perfume version doesn't quite live up to the original. It's a reasonable enough facsimile for those who missed Uninhibited the first time around, but I think it lacks the smooth and creaminess of the original.

If you have the money to spend and you liked the original, I'd opt for that. If you want something a little out of the ordinary that nobody else is wearing, give it a try.

09 November, 2006