Uninhibited (1989)
by Long Lost Perfume (originally by Cher)

Uninhibited information

Year of Launch1989

HouseLong Lost Perfume
Originally byCher
SupplierFelton Worldwide
Parent CompanyIrma Shorell

About Uninhibited

Launched in 1989 by Stern Fragrances (at that point, a division of Avon Cosmetics), it was released again in the late nineties under the Long Lost Perfume brand. (LLP specialize in digging up old, much-loved scents and recreating them.)  The scent was inspired by two fragrances that Cher wore together: Charles of the Ritz and Vanilla by Jean Laporte.

Today, the original Cher/Stern Fragrance version can fetch hundreds of dollars on eBay - will the same thing be happening in fifteen years with Arden's Curious by Britney Spears? Only time will tell...

Uninhibited fragrance notes

Reviews of Uninhibited

I nabbed a partial ( 1/6th Of a bottle?) of the Cher Uninhibited . This is my first impressions review.
Wowzers! This baby has a punch to it! What isn't listed in the notes pyramid is the aldehydes , which this definitely has in spades. ( My Mom said it smelled like baby powder when she sniffed the bottles' nozzle.) So much so that I wondered if this could possibly be the right fragrance . Had it seriously gone off? Usually older scents with aldehydes lose the aldehydes rather than find them as a new note. Reading others' reviews reassured me, chemically= aldehydes !
Patience pays off with this one . It starts out in the same family with Chanel # 5 or # 22 and then adds some rich floral bouquet ( I was thinking Jontue or Le Jardin) then you start feeling the incense prickling the top of your palette and back of your throat. With the incense comes the rich stewed fruits and it gradually blends all the elements together . Overall this reminds me of a cross between Chanel # 5 and Fendi Asja . Beautiful! I would definitely repurchase this edt , and would consider the Edp or parfum if it were findable at a decent price.
15th May, 2015
I found a vintage bottle of Uninhibited in an antiques mall and had to try it. The juice was dark brown and it took a while to get the sprayer to work and when finally it did I was totally blown away! The first whiff was brutal, it smelled like port wine that had gone off, then wait...... the boozy sourness went away and all I could smell was burning raisins and I laughed wondering where the nearest rest room was..... but then there came some tobacco and maybe something floral???...... and then suddenly the whole thing melded into this glorious, warm, deep, rich, incensey, vanillic, dried fruit thing that had me putting my arm up to my nose for the rest of the afternoon. It had quite the sillage, and it was funny because it did remind me of Cher. I will be going back to that antiques mall to purchase that bottle - hope it's still there!
19th April, 2013
I was given a .8 oz bottle from a friend who owns a perfume store.She found it under a shelf when she was rearranging her store.It smells divine!The opening is soft and raspy and the quality ingredients really shine through!The vanilla and fruits mixed with the aldehydic opening are stunning, with creamy sandalwood in the drydown.Longevity and sillage are A+.They don't make fragrances like this anymore.
18th December, 2011 (last edited: 20th February, 2012)
l tried this when it was first launched. l wanted to love it, because the bottle was gorgeous with a jewelled crescent-moon lid, & l was a fan of Cher, being a bit of a rock chick myself. However it was a big disappointment; harsh, chemical, brutal & nasty. The only thing l've smelled that was that bad was the awful Coleen. Discontinued for a very good reason, this was terrible stuff. lf people are paying hundreds of dollars for this, they're obviously bottle collectors; surely they've never smelled it!
21st February, 2011
The original Uninhibited was my first try at wearing a "women's" fragrance. I think it's equally suitable for either gender. I remain surprised and dismayed that it was discontinued.

I don't find it strongly floral, and it's definitely one for the vanilla lovers. The added element of heliptrope enhances and strengthens the vanilla note.

I'm sorry to say, though, that the Long Lost Perfume version doesn't quite live up to the original. It's a reasonable enough facsimile for those who missed Uninhibited the first time around, but I think it lacks the smooth and creaminess of the original.

If you have the money to spend and you liked the original, I'd opt for that. If you want something a little out of the ordinary that nobody else is wearing, give it a try.
09th November, 2006

Add your review of Uninhibited

Shop for Uninhibited products online

Search Amazon for Uninhibited

Member images of Uninhibited

There are no member images of Uninhibited yet. Why not be the first?