Mémoire Chérie (1949)
by Long Lost Perfume (originally by Elizabeth Arden)

Mémoire Chérie information

Year of Launch1949

HouseLong Lost Perfume
Originally byElizabeth Arden
Parent CompanyIrma Shorell

About Mémoire Chérie

Mémoire Chérie is a feminine perfume by Long Lost Perfume. The scent was launched in 1949

Mémoire Chérie fragrance notes

Reviews of Mémoire Chérie

(This is for the Long Lost version-- not the vintage original).

I ordered this because it was a bargain, having no experience with the original, and therefor, no expectations.

What a delightful surprise. Yes, there is a mossy/chamomile quality that I'm always a sucker for, but a bit of warmth as well; honeyed, but softly, not cloyingly so. The floral notes give the impression of the friendly wildflower variety as opposed to the more formal feel of a white flower blend. I detect a bit of marigold also, lending its herbal sweet/slighty peppery feel.

Overall, it reminds me of a spring version of vintage Halston (one of my all-time favorites). Lasts about four hours on me, in a pleasantly linear fashion. A keeper.
09th May, 2017
This review is for the original Elizabeth Arden version, not the Long Lost version. The bottle is frosted glass with carvings of a lady in a long skirt all around it.
This is a cool weather scent; indescribably pretty. A little goes a long way.

NOTES: Sicilian bergamot, Mexican neroli, fresh apricot, Romanian chamomile, tarragon, soft honey rose , violet, opoponax, Moroccan oakmoss, amber, musk, Haitian vetiver.

This original version was awarded the grand Coupe D'or in 1960 as "the finest fragrance ever created and acclaimed in France."

Described as " a cool floral with green undertones."
14th May, 2013
l had a bottle of the original Elizabeth Arden version as a child, & l remember it as a delightful, fresh yet warm floral. l haven't tried looking for it since then, but if you see it, snap it up, it really is a forgotten treasure.
15th February, 2011
I first started using Memorie Cherie when I was 17. It became my signature scent until they discontinued making it arounf 1980. I was heart rsick as it was the most beautiful scent I have ever worn. I have not found a replacement scent that I adored as much as Memorie Cherie
06th September, 2010
rivy Show all reviews
I used that perfume years ago and it was so romantic. I cannot buy it now and I can tell you the world is missing out on a wonderful romantic perfume.
26th October, 2009

Add your review of Mémoire Chérie

Shop for Mémoire Chérie products online

Search Amazon for Mémoire Chérie

Member images of Mémoire Chérie

There are no member images of Mémoire Chérie yet. Why not be the first?