Mon Peche / My Sin (1924)
    by Long Lost Perfume (orig. by Lanvin)

Mon Peche / My Sin Fragrance Notes

Mon Peche / My Sin information

Discontinued in 1988 by Lanvin, the fragrance was ressurected by US company, Long Lost Perfumes.

Reviews of Mon Peche / My Sin

Showing 1 to 6 of 18 reviews.
    positive 18 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative No Negative Reviews

BetsyMeszaros's avatar
    BetsyMeszaros

This review is for the original by Lanvin. IMHO it should have it's own listing in the directory.

I wore this in high school back in the sixties. I'm sure I wore it more for the name then the scent.

Recenty bought, at an extremely reasonable price, a gift set with Eau de Lanvin Mist and an unopened bath powder. The mist appeared to be full. I put it on and at once it was like being with an old friend. It just felt so comfortable. It smells like it once did so this bottle was kept in good conditions.

This really does seem to have a bit of mystery about it. I don't know if it is the jasmine and rose blended with the bergomot and aldehyds that make so mysterious but I just know Ingrid Bergman's character wore this to Rick's cafe in Casablanca and Lauren Bacall's character must have had it on in To Have and Have Not.

I love this stuff but I can't tell you why. It has a depth and complexity not enjoyed by fragrances today. So glad I found this again. Maybe at some point I will find a reasonably priced bottle of the Lanvin extract.

19 January, 2014

iivanita's avatar
    iivanita
    Croatia Croatia

this is one of the most gorgeous jasmine-rose scents.....refined , complex, subtle, little dry/powdery in a base...but voluptuous

it has gentleness of jasmin-yilang combination....some rose added to a bouquet....this is very gentle, complex floral bouquet with jasmine leading the role....its really one of the most balanced florals with complex gentle base.....

there is little powder dirtiness in the base, but just like a touch of it.....

old school, beautiful jasmine perfume!

22 March, 2013

colormechris's avatar
    colormechris

I just acquired this from Ebay for my mother-in-law. An unopened box of both the Eau and Extrait. I didn't open the extrait because it's sealed, but I did sample the Eau. Both can be no younger than 1988, so I'm guessing some of the more subtle aldehydic topnotes are diminished if not gone. But what remains, especially in the drydown, is exactly what I expected. A classic French style "floral aldehydic" which I find more of a balsamic oriental. It is heady and rich. Sort of a denser, more velvety, slightly musky Chanel No.5. One of those fragrances that is so rich and intoxicating, it's almost like eating dessert!
    Please do not confuse "old school" with "old lady". Because this old lady is a classy classic (if not a classic cougar). Why on earth did Lanvin discontinue this? But if you seek out a vintage bottle of this potion, I'd be confident that it won't have "gone off". Or maybe I just got lucky?

11th August, 2012

angelaira's avatar
    angelaira

This is one of the truly must-have classic fragrances. Jayne Mansfield wore it in Promises, Promises, and the book "The Bombshell Manual of Style" reviews it best. It was that review that prompted me to buy the new version, and after wearing that version I am now waiting on a bottle of the original ordered from Etsy.
    As it says in the book "Unleash the forbidden, intoxicating radiance of Pandora's box, and you've experienced My Sin". It also doesn't help me that my husband's military name was "Sin", lol, this perfume is one he adores, and one that I adore just as much. When you spray this one on your skin, nothing you do for the rest of the time you wear it can possibly seem ordinary.
    How this fragrance has ceased to be produced by Lanvin, we shall never know, it is one of the great mysteries, but it is a must-have.

15 April, 2012

KarmaLee's avatar
    KarmaLee

I got a lovely vintage bottle today in an antique story--and it made me close my eyes and sigh. It is deep and complex. The opening lasts a long time on my skin, and the heart notes rise up and stay and stay. I will see how it lives on my skin overnight.

Why, oh, why do the gorgeous ones get lost to time?

I can smell all of the accords listed. This is not linear, but more like a spiral of scent.

18 March, 2012

cheryl's avatar
    cheryl

I have only a micro sample of the original. It's what I call a goddess scent. In many ways I find it similar to Narcisse Noir. There is a lady-like powder layer over dark, dangerous slightly disturbing florals (narcissus..iris?). It isn't pretty: It is devastatingly good. Very luxe and dramatic.

13 August, 2010