Mon Peche / My Sin (1924)
by Long Lost Perfume (originally by Lanvin)

Mon Peche / My Sin information

Year of Launch1924

HouseLong Lost Perfume
Originally byLanvin
PerfumerMadame Zed
Parent CompanyIrma Shorell

About Mon Peche / My Sin

Discontinued in 1988 by Lanvin, the fragrance was ressurected by US company, Long Lost Perfumes.

Mon Peche / My Sin fragrance notes

Reviews of Mon Peche / My Sin

Superb ingredients, Superb blending and Superb composition. Love Scandal & My Sin from the house of Lanvin.

Masters like Madame Zed, Andre Fraysse, and Ernest Beaux are perfume gods and their creations are a gift to humanity.

Fragrances like My Sin are for people who choose quality over hype and marketing.
27th April, 2018
A rich deep complex aldehydic fragrance. Lilac, Ylang Ylang, civet, an incredibly perfect fragrance.
09th August, 2017
She is a unusual woman(1920s)with short dark hair and ruby red lipstick perfectly draped in a sexy,dark and retro dress.she has cat eyes and long lovely legs.she exudes an air of passion and evoke at the bar and the man would die for her.this is a masterpiece.My Sin is all about that incredible well blended floral aldehyde sensual animal civet dry down. animalistic love that smell,pungent spices, mixed with floral notes.Rough,Dirty,Alluring, Deep,Complex, Stunning, Bold,Timeless, Wild,Intriguing,Dangerously Voluptuous and Clearly Sexy scent.

Deep complex aldehyde notes into a heart of intense flowery with musky animal notes at the base makes a wonderful aroma full of warmth and madness for a femme fatale who projects sensuality and charm and uses sex for pleasure and as a weapon or a tool to control men .this stuff is stun and it has real effect on the opposite sex.My sin is sweet and spicy at the same time.the scent able to encompass both warmth and intensity of the night.it reserved for cold weather.definitely for a femme fatale not for the faint of heart.

Sillage?Superb.

Longevity?Very Good on my skin.

27th July, 2016 (last edited: 01st August, 2016)
Growing up in the 1950s and 1960s, the only perfume company that advertised on commercial television seemed to be Lanvin, with its constant ads for its two big hits, Arpege (Promise her anything, but give her Arpege!), and My Sin. You would also find these advertised heavily in newspapers and magazines of the time.

This is definitely an old school floral chypre, a complex and rich blend of florals and musk notes that define the great perfume world of the 1920s and 1930s. Unlike the sharper and over the top Arpege, My Sin is subtle and rich. Barbara Herman called it "lush, over ripe, decadent," and I'm sure she meant it in a good way.

The scent existed from 1924 to 1988, when it was discontinued after 65 years of success, reflecting the changing times and tastes no doubt, but the vintage is one of the greats. No doubt about that. Luckily, still available on Ebay.
24th June, 2015
This review is for the original by Lanvin. IMHO it should have it's own listing in the directory.

I wore this in high school back in the sixties. I'm sure I wore it more for the name then the scent.

Recenty bought, at an extremely reasonable price, a gift set with Eau de Lanvin Mist and an unopened bath powder. The mist appeared to be full. I put it on and at once it was like being with an old friend. It just felt so comfortable. It smells like it once did so this bottle was kept in good conditions.

This really does seem to have a bit of mystery about it. I don't know if it is the jasmine and rose blended with the bergomot and aldehyds that make so mysterious but I just know Ingrid Bergman's character wore this to Rick's cafe in Casablanca and Lauren Bacall's character must have had it on in To Have and Have Not.

I love this stuff but I can't tell you why. It has a depth and complexity not enjoyed by fragrances today. So glad I found this again. Maybe at some point I will find a reasonably priced bottle of the Lanvin extract.
19th January, 2014
this is one of the most gorgeous jasmine-rose scents.....refined , complex, subtle, little dry/powdery in a base...but voluptuous

it has gentleness of jasmin-yilang combination....some rose added to a bouquet....this is very gentle, complex floral bouquet with jasmine leading the role....its really one of the most balanced florals with complex gentle base.....

there is little powder dirtiness in the base, but just like a touch of it.....

old school, beautiful jasmine perfume!
22nd March, 2013

Add your review of Mon Peche / My Sin

Shop for Mon Peche / My Sin products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of Mon Peche / My Sin