Venezia (original) (1992)
    by Long Lost Perfume (orig. by Laura Biagiotti)

Reviews of Venezia (original)

Showing 1 to 6 of 10 reviews.
    positive 9 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Shifty Bat's avatar
    Shifty Bat

Venezia is a pleasant balsamic-plum take on Guerlain's Samsara - very similar in body and effect but milder and fruit-forward - less sultry and more openly playful. Though I much prefer Samsara this offering is a very pleasant, Spring-like scent reminiscent of plum sake minus the sweetness. This is to the 90's what flanker scents like Flower Princess are to the '10's; It's breathy, spacious, and superbly restrained. This smells like a good mood.

12 April, 2014

buren's avatar
    buren

Venezia is very pleasing to me. I own a small bottle of the original & truly enjoy the combination of fruit, bergamot & spicy notes.

It is cheerful & warm without claustrophobic heavy oriental qualities. I can wear it in many different circumstances & in different seasons. I wish I had more..

21st June, 2012

Mandella's avatar
    Mandella

This review is for the original Laura Biagiotti version. It opens with a floral 'bite',I assume, from the wong shi blossom. The florals and oriental notes swirl together until the rich, ambery notes take over in the drydown; the Italian honeyed fruits add to this scent's overall warmth. The smell of the fragrance reminds me of golden crushed velvet; very smooth and plush. Sillage is mediocre but persists 8+ hours after application. I typically still get faint whiffs of this in my hair and on my clothing the next day.

16 February, 2012 (Last Edited: 19 February, 2012)

Darvant's avatar
    Darvant

Recently i've tested the toned down (in hesperides and and spices)  new, more synthetic and badly  reorchestrated  version  of this woody-oriental for long time almost  disappeared from the shelves in the parfumeries around the world. Once the rosey Venezia Laura Biagiotti (later Long Lost Perfume) was the fragrance of the  crystals' night and the musks. The new mellow and fruity gummy-gassy modern blend of plum, jasmine and vanilla  reminds me very much the new Samsara (which is anyway less fruity and more developed in spices and balsams) that is also plagued by the new disease of the modern era, i mean "the supervened new synthetism", a plague that replaces the original  (80's) partial naturality of spices and hesperides with an artificial, caramellous and gassy fruity vanillic consistence. The old Venezia had a starting decadent blast of angular hesperides, moss and fruits that was a natural prelude to a more complex and changeful floral-spicy heart. The central part was far more spicy and sophisticated in flowers by the presence of a royal and moody duo iris-rose that was more botanic, earthy and neutral (almost laundry) while the current tasty chemical jasmine fits better with the general current onedimentional mellow synthetic fruitiness. The transition towards the base is in the current version almost  undetectable cause the absence of woods and structure and the immediate explosion of fruity vanilla that you catch since the first whiffs. In the old formula the rising of the balsams (benzoin, amber, vanilla) was gradual through an initial citrusy-fruity-green-floral stage. Now i smell a monolithic fruity vanillic smell while the original formula was more changeful, decadent, earthy-hesperidic, complex and angular in a more natural way. Thumbs down for the new version so  my positive rating is for the old, languid and romantic Venezia.

19 December, 2011 (Last Edited: 10th February, 2012)

Sadie's avatar
    Sadie

I still have 1/3 of a large bottle of the original and I still love it!! Why do so many of my favorite perfumes keep being discontinued? As a matter of fact, I cannot even find one of them in this Directory!

Wow - I'm looking at the Ebay listings below this review box, and someone is selling what appears to be the large bottle of the original Biagiotti EDT (and EDT is the strength that you want - trust me) for less than $20!! But I digress . . .

I know that it isn't listed as one of the original ingredients, however I have always smelled leather in the drydown phase of this. Has anyone else also had that experience? I believe that this could very well now be classed as a 'unisex' fragrance. If you find a bottle of the original, at a reasonable price, buy it, if not for yourself, then for your best friend, male or female, who likes to wear strong, adventurous, unisex fragrances. But warn them to use it sparingly the first time.

15 September, 2011

lauermar's avatar
    lauermar

I have the original by Laura Biagiotti, and there is nothing else like it. This one has the rare Japanese Wong-Shi blossom, which is not a key ingredient in the Long Lost version, and that is why it will leave you wanting. Laura Biagotti got an inspiration for this perfume after her journey to Pechino. Bottle cap reminds of a Saint George’s bell tower in Venice. Warm, woody-spicy, oriental, very Italian. Top notes include succulent Italian fruit with some green accord; peach, plums and bergamot. At its heart; rose, spicy carnation, intense cinnamon and iris. Sandalwood, Tonka bean, vanilla and benzoin. It was created in 1992.

17 February, 2010

Add your review of Venezia (original)

Related Venezia (original) products on eBay