Tuxedo (1979)
by Long Lost Perfume (originally by Ralph Lauren)

Tuxedo information

Year of Launch1979

HouseLong Lost Perfume
Originally byRalph Lauren
Parent CompanyIrma Shorell

About Tuxedo

Tuxedo is a feminine perfume by Long Lost Perfume. The scent was launched in 1979

Reviews of Tuxedo

tuxedo, Ralph Lauren, c1980
Bottle - black cube, thin red line, lid black. Shape as per the first " Lauren " fragrance which was same design but bottle burgundy and lid gold.
an oriental like no other, not sweet and oh to have some now!
03rd February, 2012
Received Tuxedo as a gift from the wonderful Chaya, who is a sorceress when it comes to finding scents that "work" on me. I agree with Lefay that while Tuxedo may be classified as an oriental somewhere, to me it is a glorious and rich chypre. Dark, deep green, wet woods and spice with flowers at the back. Just fantastic.
05th September, 2009
Why did it have to go. I loved Tuxedo. It was dressy, classy, sultry, and sweet. Bring it back. Bring it back!
28th January, 2009
Tvlampboy says it best - this fragrance was truly born too late. Yes, it would have been right at home alongside the likes of Tabac Blond, Bellodgia, etc. I feel lucky to have fallen upon this old RL sample vial...leather sweetened with the softness of silken rose petals, spiced and grounded by wood. Slightly resinous, but so polite! What a shame it's not part of the RL brand anylonger.
20th June, 2007
This review is for RL version; I hope it is close to LL's. This is a very rich, classic/vintage smelling perfume. I did not know this was for women on smelling it at first. From the name, I thought it was a men's fragrance, but that would be better on a woman. Now I know why. This scent is mainly a leather scent for me. It is decorated with tobacco flower and other repressed florals may accompany it. But to me it is really a smooth buttery leather scent. Actually if it were leather, it would have to be a thin sheet of leather dyed black on one side with golden sueded split leather back. The blackness comes from a whisp of fennel or licorice amid the vegetal/spicy notes. It dries down quickly to slightly sweet animalic almost dairy/butter smell, a buttermilk note almost. I will seek out the Long Lost version, as all I have of the original is a smidge in an old sample vial.
08th April, 2007
Should have been put out in the Twenties or Thirties, not the Eighties. Great stuff, but more along the lines of Bellodgia and Tabac Blond and Habanita than almost anything introduced a mere twenty-odd years ago.

In short, I can see why this was discontinued in that it was (and I mean this in the best way) behind its time.
11th October, 2006

Add your review of Tuxedo

Shop for Tuxedo products online

Search Amazon for Tuxedo

Member images of Tuxedo

There are no member images of Tuxedo yet. Why not be the first?