Tailspin / Passionnement (1940)
by Lucien Lelong

PerfumerJean Carles
Parent CompanyE. T. Browne Drug Co
Parent Company at launchLucien Lelong

About Tailspin / Passionnement

Tailspin / Passionnement is a feminine perfume by Lucien Lelong. The scent was launched in 1940 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jean Carles

Reviews of Tailspin / Passionnement

This truly is a kaleidoscope of scents all whirling about each other, as Barbara Herman suggests. For her it began green, thence to a rich floral, thence to a tobacco/cinnamon base, finally to a soapy dry down with a brief flirtation re coal tar.

My sample is pure parfum from 1940 and it is a wonderful, warm vintage indeed. First a splash of mint, followed by the light, soapy coal tar note, thence to the florals and finally, the tobacco/spice dry down. It has a leather dry down and I am reminded of Ma Griffe and Femme.

One of the finest vintage scents I have yet experienced. I will be searching Ebay for a bottle of this unique and fascinating creation.
07th March, 2014
I owned Lucien Lelong's Tailspin in high school & remember it as high energy, fun! It was emphatic but I liked the unexpected wood notes.

I pounced on a tiny Lucien Lelong mini that is light floral refreshing, but its label is almost completely gone (it was a gold label & it has a pink cap). I wish I knew what it is.
18th June, 2012 (last edited: 19th June, 2012)
Unusual to say the least! Coal-tarry & medicinal throughout, it's a hard scent to like.
14th September, 2010 (last edited: 29th September, 2010)
artp Show all reviews
I have just dabbed a bit of vintage "Tailspin" on and what a shock!
The name says it all! After a short blast of unrecognisable flowers (very short)
it plumets to tars, musks and an almost medicinal coaltar soap then a soft clean reassuring dry down.
Fascinating!! I am wondering who would have worn it as it is far from friendly and 'come hither-ish'.
In short, not one I can fall in love with, confusing and dark but amazing and well worth an extra sniff. Love it!
27th October, 2009

Add your review of Tailspin / Passionnement

Shop for Tailspin / Passionnement products online

Search Amazon for Tailspin / Passionnement

Member images of Tailspin / Passionnement

There are no member images of Tailspin / Passionnement yet. Why not be the first?