Average Rating: 3

Based on 17 ratings

Eau de Mūre Fragrance notes

Citrus, Blackberry, Tonka Bean, Amber, Sandalwood

Eau de Mūre information

Eau de Mūre is a women's fragrance by Maītre Parfumeur et Gantier. The scent was launched in 1988

Reviews of Eau de Mūre

Showing 1 to 6 of 8 reviews.

rogalal's avatar

Hmmm... I don't know about this...

It's got that Mure et Musc blackberry note. And there are old 60's-style musk elements - Imagine Alyssa Ashley or Jovon, but minus the poop, so it leaves that vague cinnamon smell and all that gold musk, as well as whatever that weird musk note is that kind of smells like an old rubber doll or model airplane glue.

All told, that's about it. It's kind of like what you'd get if you took that smoky rubber note out of Mure Et Musc Extreme, and as such has given me a much better perspective on where the musk is in the L'Artisan, which, for the record, I like better.

In the end, I don't really care for the plasticky doll/glue smell and I'm not a huge fan of gold musk either, so I'm afraid Eau de Mure is a no go for me, though I find it interesting enough to go with a neutral rating instead of a negative. As much as I would have disliked it, I'm curious what this would have smelled like with a big dollop of civet. It would likely have turned some people off but it sure would have made things more interesting. Then again, if I want a more interesting Eau de Mure, I have Mure Et Musc Extreme...

12 October, 2012

A bit like Mure et Musc Extreme, except that I don’t believe that it is quite as good as the L’Artisan. Eau de Mūre is quite smooth, linear, and long lasting. It opens very fruity: Citrus, berries, red fruits. For the most part, I find it an excellent opening, but I think that the rose note which pops up from the middle is a bit out of place: While the rose note isn’t disagreeable or annoying, it just doesn’t seem to fit in with the rest of the notes in the opening accord. The accords of the scent are complex, but the scent is actually rather linear. The berries are prominent from the beginning, and they work together with the soft and subtle sandalwood / amber base, which was also present almost from the beginning. The longevity of Eau de Mūre is very good.

Originally submitted 24 May 2007

10th December, 2010

PigeonMurderer's avatar

Finland Finland

Lovely blackberry scent for women. Fresh, simple and very sensual. I find this very similar to Yves Rocher`s Mure Sauvage, although that one is more sweet and candied.
    Of course the similarities can be found in many other blackberry releases as well.

Eau de Mure is too feminine for my personal use, but I totally recommend this for women who enjoys that beautiful smell of blackberries, because in EdM this smell is done absolutely right.

12 November, 2008

ubuandibeme's avatar

Harsh is the opening of Eau de Mure for me. Bitter green notes upstage the would be sweet & succulent blackberry. I was irritated by this...also, the musk in this blend comes off raw and dusty. Truth be told, I don't enjoy any aspect of this one.

12 October, 2007

czesc's avatar

strong blackberry and fruity notes over a fresh clean musky base, however it is not fruity/fresh in the contemporary sense of the word ie: candied, smells very organic.

04 March, 2006

CoL's avatar

Wonderful scent from MPG! The blackberry is very noticable but in a very "blended" way if that makes sense! As IPaid once said to me, "its like Mure et Musc thats been put in a blender!" To me this sums it up, a much more complex highly blended scent. Lasts forever too!

07 February, 2006

Add your review of Eau de Mūre

Search for on eBay United States

Eau de Mure by Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier 3.3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray NIB
    • Time Left: 8 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    Maitre Parfumeur Et Gantier by Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Eau de Mure eau de Pa
    • Time Left: 6 days
    Ebay United States
    Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Eau De Mure Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml
    • Time Left: 18 days
    (* converted from AUD 112.95) Ebay United States
    (Shipping from Hong Kong)
    Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Eau De Mure Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 20 days
    (* converted from AUD 108.95) Ebay United States
    (Shipping from Hong Kong)
    Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Eau De Mure Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml