Average Rating: 3

Based on 17 ratings

Rose Opulente information

Rose Opulente is a women's fragrance by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier. The scent was launched in 1988

Reviews of Rose Opulente

Showing 1 to of 2 reviews.
    positive 1 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

ubuandibeme's avatar

Rose Opulente starts off with a strong waxy rose note; like lanolin based rose scented hand cream. Heavy, almost greasy. What might be perceived by some as spicy rose, on my skin turns sharp and acidic. Fortunately, this opening is fairly short lived - about 30-50 minutes - as this edt morphs into a sweet, cozy sandalwood. In the end, only a trace of the formerly bold rose remains. Funny, I couldn't wait for that rose note to calm down, once it did, I sort of missed it! This scent wouldn't be a personal choice of mine. I much prefer a dewy fresh and delicately soft blossom like I find in Stella's Rose Absolute or Lancome's Mille et une Roses. YSL'S Paris or Lancome's Tresor get my vote for a sparkling/effervescent rose. Yep. Those 4 are the best roses I know - so far!

14 October, 2007

The first explosion of rose note is a favorite interpretation of roses in my experience with fragrances. I love the particular timbre of it, but it is a little stronger than I ordinarily would prefer for my personal use – especially upon initial application. It settles down nicely but, once settled, the rose note seems to become a bit flat and somewhat washed out… Not content to stay that way, the rose eventually goes musky and powdery. When I first tested Rose Opulente, the jasmine and berries from the heart accord came through beautifully to add balance and clarity to the potent rose, but now they seem to have diminished and the rose note no longer yields to balance – it stays too prominent for my personal preferences. Even in the drydown, the sandalwood gets lost where it used to have a real presence. I still find Rose Opulente a quite nice rose scent, but I miss the sparkle and definition and superior rose note that I experienced when I first tested it. My bottle is the newer style so my increasingly neutral reaction might be the result of a reformulation issue. (Edit of 24 May 2007 review.)

24 May, 2007 (Last Edited: 16 June, 2009)

Add your review of Rose Opulente