Magnolia Pourpre (2001)

Based on 12 ratings

Magnolia Pourpre Fragrance notes

Magnolia, Orchid, Rose, Honey, Sandalwood

Magnolia Pourpre information

Magnolia Pourpre is a women's fragrance by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier. The scent was launched in 2001

Reviews of Magnolia Pourpre

Showing 1 to of 3 reviews.
    positive 2 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative 1 Negative Reviews

cello's avatar

Right out of the vial, this stuff is thick and oily. Immediately, you are tossed into a hothouse - a humid, thick and potent floral note of orchid surrounds you. No soft magnolia here, but I can see how the mix of notes to come may be meant to abstractly form a sort of magnolia type smell. The orchid soon gets even thicker and sweeter, as a honey note emerges. It is quite rich and heady at this point.
    The middle of the fragrance is semi powdery with some iris, and then a rose note appears. It's a pink rose, not really dark, because the iris is joining in and the honey is still present. The rose may be contributing to the powder, but the iris sticks around through the end. It is finally joined by a very soft suede leather smell.
    So, orchid then iris then rose then leather. No magnolia, but somehow you do get the feeling that the composition of these notes is playing all around a magnolia accord, like taking the pieces and rearranging them into something different and fun.
    I really liked this, even if it was not what I was expecting. It is rich and thick, but each note stands out on it's own to form and pleasing, balanced composition. It would be very nice during the cool days of spring, although it may be a bit cloying during hot summer months.

18 May, 2011

distortech's avatar

Gorgeous in every way! A wonderful magnolia in all it's glory awash in a powdery bed of iris. Classic.

08 December, 2010

I don’t know why it’s called "magnolia": I don’t really smell any magnolia in it. It is floral, though – there is a definite rose note. Unfortunately, I get orchid, too (I don’t like orchid notes in fragrances). Besides those florals there are a solid honey note and lots of powdery notes whose source I can’t identify. The sandalwood that is listed for the base is not available to my nose, but I believe that I get a slight leather note in the background – leather is not listed in the pyramid. Whatever, I don’t find anything in this scent that is especially attractive or accomplished … it just doesn’t come together for me.

08 May, 2008 (Last Edited: 11th May, 2008)

Add your review of Magnolia Pourpre