Destiny (1990)

HouseMarilyn Miglin

About Destiny

Destiny is a feminine perfume by Marilyn Miglin. The scent was launched in 1990

Reviews of Destiny

My signature fragrance since 1990. Perfection.
12th July, 2015
I would like to say that this is a wonderful unique thing!! It is so soft, and gentle... This has no top note as Ms Marilyn has said on her presentations with HSN where she sells her perfumes as well as her store...
So, you probably will not have that !pow! you get with all perfumes.This comes along with a little hook of her finger and invites you to enjoy the white flowers.
Notes are:
Jasmine Italian, muguet, calla lily, white rose, osmanthus blossoms, narcissus and white orchid
I have come to love love love Osmanthus as it is just so amazing so this is probably what draws me in.
Love it!
17th June, 2015
I love it. It's haunting, it's gossamer in a fragrance.
It has this ethereal quality. I once smelled it on someone, I had to stop and ask her what she had on. I wore it for years. just to save some cash I stopped buying it & just wore whatever I received as gifts from Holidays . But a few months ago I smelled it someone, and I had to have it again! I've bought it many forms since, oil, splash, lotion etc etc. At leasttttt once a day I pick up the bottle and smell it!
I have even gone as far as to buy Jasmine, Osmanthus and Narcissus oil, mixed them up with a carrier oil to see if that is what I am smelling, it's not.
I realize it's a mix of scents but whatever it is I love it.
05th September, 2014
Destiny is a very sheer scent smelling of apricots and pink or white roses. But here, sheer doesn't mean fleeting...the EDP lasts a good 8-10 hours or more and the silllage is impressive. It's a very feminine scent and while not ground breaking, it would be perfect for the office or spring/summer season. I like it very much for a reasonably priced fume.
13th February, 2013

Destiny EDP: Hmmmm… Subtle… musty… musky… Destiny is a unique and intriguing take on the white floral fragrance. It is light – it is essentially presented more as a gossamer-like texture than as a redolent bouquet. Its creator has avoided the usual, indole-laden choices that often inhabit the “white floral” territory. No tuberose, or gardenia, or even jasmine leaving their dirty eminences here and there throughout the fragrance; and the lily is kept under strict control. The resulting accord that I perceive is a clear and light narcissus backed up by a very soft, sheer (white) rose note. This is lightness, delicacy, femininity and translucence. The florals are united into a texture… smooth and rich… a bit powdery… and they stay that way in a state of blissful and graceful linearity. In testing this I realized that this is not a fragrance to be smelled close to the skin. It’s nice enough that way, but its real olfactory gift is the gentle sillage off the skin. Lovely…

06th August, 2009
Haudry Show all reviews
I am not a fan. It's a blend of white flowers, but to me it smells like a retirement home lobby. It's just too musty, there is nothing sweet or floral about it.
18th February, 2009

Add your review of Destiny

Shop for Destiny products online

Shop for Destiny at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Destiny

Member images of Destiny

There are no member images of Destiny yet. Why not be the first?